Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Blog URL:Β  https://xrpcommunity.blog/xrp-news-update-regulation-on-page-one/

Part of crypto going 'mainstream' is regulatory compliance! I cover this and the latest news impacting XRP in my latest blog:

π†πžπ§πžπ«πšπ₯ 𝐁π₯𝐨𝐜𝐀𝐜𝐑𝐚𝐒𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: The 'Financial Action Task Force' issues guidance for exchanges.

𝐑𝐒𝐩𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Ripple is expanding into Brazil; Crypto Eri analyzes potential new xRapid corridors; Corporate Counsel interviews Ripple's Stuart Alderoty; and The Investment Association of China (IAC) appoints Yoshitaka Kitao as an advisor;

𝐊𝐚𝐯𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Kava announces they've upgraded Switch to support trading of Ethereum ERC-20 tokens.

𝐗𝐑𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Andre Ventura creates a new XRP fan video; Updates have been published about the Gatehub-related XRP theft; XRP Arcade is updated with information on meetups and a new tool for monetizing surveys; Crypto.com adds an option for earning interest on deposits; and Beaxy debuts with an XRP pairing;

I hope you enjoy the read: Please feel free to share my blog with a friend or share it on any other platform - and thanks for doing so! Β :JC_coffee2:

My blog announcement links on other platforms:

Circumstances are converging to cause Β a quantum shift for us beleaguered XRP holders. At least it sure looks like it from here.

The BAAKT announcement, in my view, is tied to regulatory clarity. I expect the people who run ICE know more about what's going on with the progress thereΒ than us mere mortals, and that their timeline is tied to some upcoming announcement. Just a gut feeling, no data to back that up.

Thanks for the update. You have been a must-read for me sinceΒ the day I figured out you were out there writing about XRP.

Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So much news for you to handle this week.Β  The XRP ecosystem is now really rolling and I can't keep up.

You partly answered a question I have been pondering:Β  Ripple are ground breakers doing the hard ground work of getting regulatory clarity for cross border crypto payments on an international level.Β  Are coins like Facebook stable coin following the path that has been so pains-takingly cut out by Ripple and to what extent is it possible for big companies to import wholesale what Ripple have invented and put together.?Β  I think the answer was in your text that regulatory compliance is more than just following the rules.Β  It is about building solid core to the software with flexible icing that can be adapted to handle new ideas ( a weakness of ETH).Β  And having a team of managers with the ability to predict what is and what is not compliance.Β  It is about having navigators that can steer the craft safely through shark infested waters.Β 

It seems to meΒ  that Ripple are in fact extending their lead over everyone else. It has been noticeable that none of the big companies entering the market have even attempted a no counter party cross border solution.Β  IT is all stable coins.

Another lessen is that "lead" is not just about having technological lead, it is about having specialist units/teams that work in real time and can respond with flexibility to events as they occur.

Which leads me to ask what am I missing?Β  With these increasingly obvious advantages why is XRP still so cheap?Β  I am beginning to lose interest in price because it is the one area that is completely opaque to investigation.Β  We just have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

It has been noticeable that none of the big companies entering the market have even attempted a no counter party cross border solution.Β  IT is all stable coins.

Another lessen is that "lead" is not just about having technological lead, it is about having specialist units/teams that work in real time and can respond with flexibility to events as they occur.

Which leads me to ask what am I missing?Β  With these increasingly obvious advantages why is XRP still so cheap?Β  I am beginning to lose interest in price because it is the one area that is completely opaque to investigation.Β  We just have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up.

I wonder if the no-counter-party coin is simply too risky for an established business, marketing-wise.

A pureΒ crypto with a brand face would be roundly criticized by crypto-enthusiasts for being centralized, as well as the wider public (their real customers) who still view Bitcoin as fake money / a bad investment / global Ponzi scheme. Best case scenario, people would call what they created a "Gift Card" and treat it as such. Worse, if the price tanks they'll be laughed at, and seen as trying to greedily take peoples' money.

A toppling valuation, and the blowback, could take years for -- say -- Facebook to recover from. But if the coin isΒ backed by dollars, those risks start to go away. Suddenly it's a bank account instead of a risky investment.

So... why is XRP so cheap? Your guess is as good as mine.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reading, @Julian_Williams! Β 

I agree with your assessment, and it's one of the things I really enjoyed about Stuart Alderoty's response(s).Β  He indicated that legal directions and risk management are a combination of factors, the least of which (unfortunately) are clearly-defined rules here in the US.

Just guess, but it's probably similar in the UK?Β  I think the more established the judicial precedents for securities, the more unclear it is for the country, it seems.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Thanks for reading, @Julian_Williams! Β 

I agree with your assessment, and it's one of the things I really enjoyed about Stuart Alderoty's response(s).Β  He indicated that legal directions and risk management are a combination of factors, the least of which (unfortunately) are clearly-defined rules here in the US.

Just guess, but it's probably similar in the UK?Β  I think the more established the judicial precedents for securities, the more unclear it is for the country, it seems.Β 

We have what's called common law in Britain and it is really a matter of the judge making a judgement becoming the law of the land.

ThisΒ  evolution of standardisation through practical application is well understood amongst regulators.Β  It is happening all the time in many sectors and is a driver of globalisation.Β  For instance internet protocol was invented by ICANN and was adopted by every country in the world. Once you are outside it you are beached.Β  No one can set up a website that does not run on HTTP.

The size of containers was probably set by a couple of the early companies using containers and then ships and lorries all needed to comply with the standards used across the industry.Β  I bet the size and shape of containers have worked their way into our laws in some way or other.Β  This is what Ripple have done with the ILP.Β  If you are outside the ILP you are outside the internet of value.Β  Complying with standardisation of Ripplenet might well work itself to become a standardisation within banking

The ISOs (International Standardisation Organisations) look at what is happening in the world and then encourage countries to adopt the standards they have discovered in the real world.Β  This is how regulators work.

This is something that people who advocate a hard BREXIT from the EU fail to understand.Β  When regulations from supranational organisations work their way into internationalist laws, they have not been imposed, they are adopted at an international level from things that happened on a national level and then gone into an ISO and then back into the national legislature.Β  Likewise Trade Agreements take many years to negotiate because much of what has to be agreed is to do with convergence of regulatory bodies between two countries, and these mechanisms which are very complex have to be synchronised between the legislatures of the participating countries.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Thanks for reading, @Julian_Williams! Β 

I agree with your assessment, and it's one of the things I really enjoyed about Stuart Alderoty's response(s).Β  He indicated that legal directions and risk management are a combination of factors, the least of which (unfortunately) are clearly-defined rules here in the US.

Just guess, but it's probably similar in the UK?Β  I think the more established the judicial precedents for securities, the more unclear it is for the country, it seems.Β 

That is a very perceptive observation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

ThisΒ  evolution of standardisation through practical application is well understood amongst regulators.Β  It is happening all the time in many sectors and is a driver of globalisation.Β  For instance internet protocol was invented by ICANN and was adopted by every country in the world. Once you are outside it you are beached.Β  No one can set up a website that does not run on HTTP.

The size of containers was probably set by a couple of the early companies using containers and then ships and lorries all needed to comply with the standards used across the industry.Β  I bet the size and shape of containers have worked their way into our laws in some way or other.Β  This is what Ripple have done with the ILP.Β  If you are outside the ILP you are outside the internet of value.Β  Complying with standardisation of Ripplenet might well work itself to become a standardisation within banking

I love this analogy, because it's not precisely the topic (security vs. no security), in my opinion, that Stuart Alderoty was getting at, but it is very demonstrative of his point.Β 

And it goes to show that if ILP ends up being used at scale by more than 'just Ripple,' it could definitely become a worldwide standard.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...