xrpmommy

How Ripple's General Counsel Works with Regulators

10 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

This is brilliant!

Yes I learned of this trick a few years ago and while I don't use it that often it does come in handy.  It also makes reading ad-riddled articles a lot easier to read too.

Another great example of Ripple having put together an exceptional team. Stuart appears to be the perfect "fit" for the job - loved his reasoned approach to seeking regulatory clarity while at the same time, moving ahead based on what's known now. 

So great to have someone as astute and experienced as general counsel Stuart Alderoty on the Ripple team. I don't know about you, but this interview made me feel very very good about our path. Thanks again @xrpmommy for finding and posting, and you too @Zedy44 for the key to unlocking.

"CC: Are you working to educate regulators?"

"SA: We have government affairs, full-time representatives in the U.S., in Europe, in Asia Pacific. We regularly meet with regulators to educate them, to get them more comfortable with what we’re doing and trying to do, which is to solve for the very real-world problem of being able to move money cross-border without a lot of friction and expense."

"We’ve also sat on the Federal Reserve Faster Payments Task Force. We’ve hosted a summit for central banks to learn more about blockchain. We regularly speak on panels. We’re often invited by regulatory organizations to come speak or serve on panels. I would say we’ve engaged with more than 50 regulators and policymakers worldwide on this issue."

"SA: We have government affairs, full-time representatives in the U.S., in Europe, in Asia Pacific. We regularly meet with regulators to educate them, to get them more comfortable with what we’re doing and trying to do, which is to solve for the very real-world problem of being able to move money cross-border without a lot of friction and expense."

"We’ve also sat on the Federal Reserve Faster Payments Task Force. We’ve hosted a summit for central banks to learn more about blockchain. We regularly speak on panels. We’re often invited by regulatory organizations to come speak or serve on panels. I would say we’ve engaged with more than 50 regulators and policymakers worldwide on this issue."

This alone, shows you how head and shoulders above the rest of the crypto world Ripple actually is. They're not merely out pumping some grandiose idea of what their cryptocurrency "might" be able to do, they're actually doing the leg-work to bring about the changes necessary in order to make it happen. Ripple is building a foundation which will, I predict, one day be looked back upon as not only being solid and outright transformational, but brilliant beyond most people's comprehension. The IoV is on the cusp of changing the world, and Ripple is clearly leading the charge. 

Here is an article regarding regulation that I haven't seen before; it's from 2018 but still relevant, I think...

https://fintechpolicy.org/?p=32247

The Paths to Crypto Asset Regulation and Innovation

Sagar Sarbhai is Head of Regulatory Relations for APAC and the Middle East, Ripple
; Ryan Zagone is Director of Regulatory Relations, Ripple

"For the United States to remain competitive, the country will, in our view, have to proceed with a coordinated, holistic approach for crypto regulation. Otherwise, it risks over time becoming more reliant on foreign technology and expertise for payments than it has since the rise of the U.S. dollar as the international currency. To do so will require the formulation of not only sound rules, but a thoughtful, efficient, and robust framework for onboarding new technologies and providing sustained oversight.  It will also require coordination with other major financial centers in order to learn from their experiments, and export best-practices abroad."

"This kind of strategic government approach will position the U.S. to maintain its position as a leader in technology innovation, and, perhaps, put the country in the driver’s seat as crypto policy becomes globally coordinated."