Mcripple

I keep seeing Facebook coin / XRP rumors BUT

Why would they be related at all? I’m assuming they aren’t related and this is more hype - but if I could be wrong I appreciate the knowledge you are preparing to bestow upon me

11 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Why would they be related at all? I’m assuming they aren’t related and this is more hype - but if I could be wrong I appreciate the knowledge you are preparing to bestow upon me

There is no Facebook/XRP relation.  There is no Ripple acquisition of Moneygram. You should delete your Twitter and reconsider who you follow. 

29 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

There is no Facebook/XRP relation.  There is no Ripple acquisition of Moneygram. You should delete your Twitter and reconsider who you follow. 

1) I didn’t say there was a facebook / XRP relationship. In face the skepticism of such a relationship is pretty apparent throughout my post. 

2) I’m not sure about Ripple and Moneygram. I believe there’s something there.

3) no

Related? The Facebook coin has no relation to Ripple or XRP at all. 

"Facebook has announced that its digital currency will be pegged to multiple currencies and not just the U.S. dollar."

I also think the people claiming it will annihilate XRP (Like Max Keiser) need to do some more research. XRP are mostly targeting cross-border payments. This Facebook coin will probably mostly be used for purchasing products from vendors advertising on Facebook (which is huge in Asia, here in Thailand FB is one of the major platforms for ordering goods online).

Also, it's premature to deduct anything from the announcement of a Facebook coin, the white paper will not be ready until the 18th of June.

So basically, this is Max Keiser spreading FUD about altcoins in order to hype and spread FOMO for Bitcoin. He's a BTC maximalist with a hatred for XRP.

Edited by Sirbergan
Point added about Keiser's motivation

Just now, fiik said:

Sirbergan, can you get a job at SCB?

If they need a translator, maybe. I'm very good at what I do, but I don't have the qualifications for a bank job (nor much of a CV to talk about).

18 minutes ago, SevenBees said:

Yeah, another one missing the point completely. Ripple is (for the most part) targeting the banking industry and cross-border payments. How the FB coin is going to compete with XRP is still 100% speculation, based on zero information and mindless FUD, from people with an agenda, a hatred for XRP and no knowledge of what the new FB coin will really be used for as the white paper is yet to be released.

I do think it might push XRP price down quite a bit in the short run, though. 

Edited by Sirbergan
Typo

1 hour ago, KaaKaRmA said:

There is no Ripple acquisition of Moneygram.

You (and I) don't know that for sure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-moneygram-intl-m-a-exclusive/exclusive-moneygram-exploring-options-including-potential-sale-sources-idUSKCN1PJ2GV

Btw the fb coin is just another stable coin like jpm coin or stripe coin, personally I don't think it's related to ripple but I don't see it as a threat either.

Edited by kenrino

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

If he deletes Twitter, that removes everyone he follows. 

Please be more clear with the chronological order of your advice.

Step 1. Delete Twitter 

Step 2. Received the gratitude of humanity. 

1 hour ago, kenrino said:

You (and I) don't know that for sure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-moneygram-intl-m-a-exclusive/exclusive-moneygram-exploring-options-including-potential-sale-sources-idUSKCN1PJ2GV

Btw the fb coin is just another stable coin like jpm coin or stripe coin, personally I don't think it's related to ripple but I don't see it as a threat either.

Well, let's just be logical about the whole Ripple/MoneyGram thing. The thesis behind Ripple's existence is to provide solutions to help streamline and remove the pain points for banks and FIs around the transfer of value. The value proposition in what Ripple has created involves maximizing the number of participants in RippleNet. This won't happen if Ripple, in turn, becomes a competitor to their customers. This is why it makes no sense for Ripple to purchase MoneyGram.  Just common sense reasoning here!!! Unless they are going to do something completely different with MoneyGram, I just don't see it happening.

Edited by King34Maine