7Sol

How many people did you inspire to invest in XRP?

Posted (edited)

I'd like to hear stories about you telling some people about XRP leading them to invest.

I'm curious about details, such as how much they invested, how did it turn out and which was the deciding factor.

Thanks!

Edited by 7Sol

After 3 years of neverending talk of the future I woke up one day and saw my girlfriend had sent me 1500 to invest. It was the day before my birthday and to date it's the best present I've ever received. 

More than the money, what really meant a lot to me was that she finally understood the change that will happen in our world when money is instantaneous. 

3 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

More than the money, what really meant a lot to me was that she finally understood the change that will happen in our world when money is instantaneous. 

Did she mention any point that convinced her to go ahead and invest?

Posted (edited)

My girlfriend decided to invest into BTC it was 800 ...

She recouped her original investment when it went up. The rest is litteraly free money.

Edited by 7Sol

2 hours ago, quetzalcoatl said:

I'm not sure, probably just to shut me up. 

Would it be worth finding out...? :angel:

In my opinion it's a stupid idea to give other people financial advice as it easilly backfires.

I never actively inspire people to invest. I have been talking about cryptos to friends and relatives for years, and of course I tell many good things about XRP and people do understand I am involved because of my background, but I am never talking about my own investments or advise people to invest themselves. You never know how this turns out and it stays a highly speculative investment.

2 although I didn't try to convince them. They just saw how much money I had made by the end of December and decided to jump in. They do like a moan about it every now and again but are patiently waiting for the price to rise once again :D

59 minutes ago, Lurker123 said:

In my opinion it's a stupid idea to give other people financial advice as it easilly backfires.

I like to convey the potential future I see in cryptocurrencies. If someone asks me how to buy cryptocurrencies, I explain the risk.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mrenne said:

I never actively inspire people to invest.

I had no idea the word inspire could describe an active action.

Inspiring is for me a 100% passive phenomena. I am surprised at how curious people get when I explain what cryptos are meant to accomplish.

I feel I owe my fellow human beings to disclose the shift and impact cryptocurrencies are engineered to exert upon society.

For the same reason, when I short XRPBTC, I feel indebted to the community to disclose I am taking wealth out of the common stach.

I view XRP going up 10x a 50/50 proposition. I am therefore increasing my equity, taking it out of the common wealth of society at large.

Once a century those with little means stand a fighting chance for equity appreciation. I feel endebted to mention that opportunity, as long as the listener wishes to hear.

Edited by 7Sol

1 hour ago, Trentsteel said:

They do like a moan about it every now and again but are patiently waiting for the price to rise once again :D

Did you convey anything about you having no idea when a good entry point be?

I have a friend I told about cryptos a year or so ago who suddenly decided last march to invest 5000 fiat. I told her about the possibility to buy in the top 10 coins. She decided that she only wanted the three top coins.

So here you have it, someone owns some XRP and has only a faint idea of what it is.

I did advise, yes, now I mean advise in an active manner, for that kind of money buying a hardware wallet would be the best way to secure her future investment.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, 7Sol said:

Did you convey anything about you having no idea when a good entry point be?

I have a friend I told about cryptos a year or so ago who suddenly decided last march to invest 5000 fiat. I told her about the possibility to buy in the top 10 coins. She decided that she only wanted the three top coins.

So here you have it, someone owns some XRP and has only a faint idea of what it is.

I did advise, yes, now I mean advise in an active manner, for that kind of money buying a hardware wallet would be the best way to secure her future investment.

They were not interested in the tech, only profit, I did tell them it could go either way and to read up on what they were investing in. One did do well on NEO while the other just watched his investment drop and decided he would not be putting anymore into Bit Coin (his words):dash1:

Edited by Trentsteel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trentsteel said:

he would not be putting anymore into Bit Coin (his words):dash1:

Does "anymore" stand for hodling... ;)

Edited by 7Sol

My mother, girlfriend, some school friends.

Not large amounts but still.

They are watiting for some price movements. They asking me every day. But I told them it would be long term investment.