Vontobel Investment Banking launches XRP certificate

LeonidasH

These cheap sites just copy paste without knowing what they're actually doing. All it takes is a quick Google search to unearth the original (don't reward these cheap sites with your precious visit hits):

https://www.vontobel.com/en-int/about-vontobel/media/communications/vontobel-launches-a-certificate-on-ripple-for-investors-who-wish-to-participate-in-ripple-simply-and-transparently/

Vontobel launches a certificate on Ripple for investors who wish to participate in Ripple simply and transparently

PRIVATE INVESTORS , NEWS , INNOVATION6/6/2019

Reading time: 2 minute(s)

After Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ether, Vontobel is further expanding its investment opportunities in crypto currencies for investors in Switzerland and Germany with the Open-End certificate on Ripple.

Like Bitcoin, Ripple (XRP) is based on blockchain technology. Unlike Bitcoin, however, Ripple is not a pure crypto currency, but a payment token - the currency - within the Ripple network. With a current market capitalization of over USD 17 billion, Ripple is the third largest crypto currency in terms of market capitalization after Bitcoin and Ether. The vision of Ripple's founders is to connect the world's financial systems, make payment transactions more cost-effective and faster, and enable the secure transfer of assets in real time. 

Vontobel launches the first Open-End Certificate on Ripple in Switzerland and Germany. The newly issued Ripple certificate is an interesting alternative to a direct investment in the crypto currency and offers investors some important advantages: 

With the Vontobel certificate, investors participate in the price performance of the ripple (XRP) without having to have access to the ripple network or a ripple wallet themselves. These processes and services are provided by Vontobel as the issuer of the certificate. The participation certificate is also tradable on the stock exchanges, i.e. investors can make use of trading hours, market making quality requirements, liquidity and settlement of regulated exchanges. However, investors must take into account the issuer's default risk and the market risk (price risk) of the underlying asset in USD. There is no currency hedging against the US dollar. 

Following the successful launch of the first Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ether certificates as well as mini futures on Bitcoin in Switzerland and Germany, the launch of the Ripple certificate is another milestone. 

"With the launch of the certificate on Ripple, Vontobel is further expanding its range of products based on crypto currencies, once again demonstrating its technological leadership and innovative strength. We are thus offering investors in Switzerland and Germany attractive diversification opportunities," said Roger Studer, Head of Vontobel Investment Banking.

12 hours ago, panmores said:

The participation certificate is also tradable on the stock exchanges, i.e. investors can make use of trading hours, market making quality requirements, liquidity and settlement of regulated exchanges.

I'd like to know the ticker symbol to see if I can buy it in my Roth IRA, but can't find it, does anyone have it? Thx

@LeonidasH ?

Edited by GiddyUp
tag

10 hours ago, LeonidasH said:

Apologies if XRParcade is too "cheap" for your standards. I operate it single handedly, in my free time. If you actually opened and read the article on XRParcade, the original source is cited with a direct link leading to it.

Sorry Leonidas, didn't want to say something wrong, was referring to mentions about the translation. Didn't know you are running the site, so apologies again and thank you for the work going into it. It's just that there are many garbage sites around, glad to know you're behind this one!

On 6/8/2019 at 2:12 AM, panmores said:

Sorry Leonidas, didn't want to say something wrong, was referring to mentions about the translation. Didn't know you are running the site, so apologies again and thank you for the work going into it. It's just that there are many garbage sites around, glad to know you're behind this one!

Its OK. My reaction was strong because I've put a lot of effort into XRParcade and even though it could be much more visually appealing, its content is vast and unique.

Moreover, I try to go by the "rules" I set for myself in the beginning. Most important one is: No clickbait and no hype/speculation. Even if that means less visitors.