XRPstrong

XRP NAME MEANING and should it be changed

Im sure this may have been brought up at some point but maybe not.  I wanted to hear some feedback on the idea of changing the meaning of the XRP letters.  Ripple has gone through the process of separating the company Ripple from the digital asset XRP for various reasons. There is a new Logo for XRP that was voted on that separates the two identities. However we still have names like Drops and Ripples to describe XRP again linking the two together. Furthermore from what I have read it looks like XRP stands for X cross boarder, R Ripple, P, Protocol.  If Ripple disappeared tomorrow we would still have XRP.  Since it is Decentralized maybe we should have a vote by the community.  We should maybe also try and move away from the water names as well.  If we ever decided on that my pick would be ZERP or ZERPS  Short and sweet.   I am a long time XRP holder and I truly believe in its potential to become a standard cross border currency.  For that reason I came up with a couple of meanings that may fit the letters XRP.  

1.  XRP Cross Reserve Pairing 

X  for Cross, meaning cross border,  R for reserve like reserve currency,  P for pairing meaning XRP is used to pair all currency's. One step settle.  

OR

2. XRP Cross Remittance Payment  

Posted (edited)

X (as in, X units of, or as in cross-border)

Ripple (obvious)

Protocol (obvious)

I think it's fine as is. Ripple isn't just a company name but also to 'ripple' a payment was a concept in the early days of trust and credit lines.

Edited by zerpdigger

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

X (as in, X units of, or as in cross-border)

Ripple (obvious)

Protocol (obvious)

I think it's fine as is. Ripple isn't just a company name but also to 'ripple' a payment was a concept in the early days of trust and credit lines.

X is for - 'The standard dictates that if a currency is not associated with a particular country, it should begin with an “X”' , as per ISO.

e.g. with gold and silver - XAU and XAG, BTC is XBT as per ISO.

Edited by iLeeT

10 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

I feel the earth is too centralized.  We should all move to different planets.

They’re trying and that’s where they realise how insignificant they are .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

X is for - 'The standard dictates that if a currency is not associated with a particular country, it should begin with an “X”' , as per ISO.

e.g. with gold and silver - XAU and XAG, BTC is XBT as per ISO.

yeah that's what i said, x-border i.e. international 

Edited by zerpdigger

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

By the way, before it was ever called XRP it was XNS :)

X as in currency not associated with a particular country..

aaand..

NS as in - Nakamoto, Satoshi (tinfoil hat)

My money would be on "Name Space", but you're the one with the tinfoil hat, so I'll defer to you.

Edited by NightJanitor
Link to picture of Bigfoot added.