Jump to content

Ripple and MoneyGram Don't Comment as Acquisition Rumors are Flying


gakos1111
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Finesse said:

This aged well. 11 days.

To be fair though, they are only committing to a max of 10% of the MG equity. It will be interesting to see what happens after 2 years. I think that Ripple would have shied away from an outright purchase.  The liquidity this gives XRP if it works out right, in my opinion, will help other money transfer companies involved with Ripplenet, which will far outweigh any negatives for these companies who will likely have significantly lower overheads than MG and will still be able to compete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

@ Cesar1810  @EcneitapLatnem  Siempre es bueno estar justo antes de que salgan las 'noticias confirmadas' ...

Tengo la sensación de que el próximo mes de julio también traerá algunos nombres importantes y una "adopción fuerte" para Ripple y XRP.

completely agree. I also expect the same for July.

I think we are at the moment when things have to start happening.

Do not fall asleep in the Laurels.

You have to think positively and make a strong effort for SBI to start operations next month.

SBI + MGI = IMPULSE.

big hug from Argentina.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mistatee2000 said:

To be fair though, they are only committing to a max of 10% of the MG equity. It will be interesting to see what happens after 2 years. I think that Ripple would have shied away from an outright purchase.  The liquidity this gives XRP if it works out right, in my opinion, will help other money transfer companies involved with Ripplenet, which will far outweigh any negatives for these companies who will likely have significantly lower overheads than MG and will still be able to compete.

What do you mean ONLY 10% do you know how big that is in business?

That's one of if not the majority stake in a public company. 

They will most certainly have someone on the board with that position.

Other than that everything you said i agree with.

Edited by Finesse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Finesse said:

What do you mean ONLY 10% do you know how big that is in business?

That's one of if not the majority stake in a public company. 

They will most certainly have someone on the board with that position.

Other than that everything you said i agree with.

Understand, but it does not give them a controlling share which is the all important aspect to the other FinTech companies looking in and trying to understand this position. Only 10% is big in financial terms but irrelevant in decision making/voting terms. Ripple have positioned themselves exactly where they want to be.

Edited by mistatee2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Understand, but it does not give them a controlling share which is the all important aspect to the other FinTech companies looking in and trying to understand this position. Only 10% is big in financial terms but irrelevant in decision making/voting terms. Ripple have positioned themselves exactly where they want to be.

Dont believe me? Maybe you will believe your own eyes, i can only lead you to the water.

 

"According to the companies, Ripple will not immediately receive a seat on MoneyGram’s board, but will instead have observer status."

source - http://fortune.com/2019/06/17/ripple-moneygram-xrp/

 

"A board observer can take different forms but the general idea is that an investor would have the right to attend formal meetings held in the context of a fund's governance structure and be able to review sensitive board documents and reports. This poses both opportunities and challenges for those charged with governance. 

The investor might have a number of reasons for seeking observer status ranging from oversight of the governance process, to a genuine desire to offer advice where the observer believes value can be added, to having access to information not normally accessible to investors. This obviously does raise some issues similar to those for side letters, an issue well understood in the hedge fund industry. "

https://www.hedgeweek.com/2017/01/18/247730/board-observer-rights-–-it-good-idea

Edited by Finesse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Finesse said:

Dont believe me? Maybe you will believe your own eyes, i can only lead you to the water.

 

"According to the companies, Ripple will not immediately receive a seat on MoneyGram’s board, but will instead have observer status."

source - http://fortune.com/2019/06/17/ripple-moneygram-xrp/

 

"A board observer can take different forms but the general idea is that an investor would have the right to attend formal meetings held in the context of a fund's governance structure and be able to review sensitive board documents and reports. This poses both opportunities and challenges for those charged with governance. 

The investor might have a number of reasons for seeking observer status ranging from oversight of the governance process, to a genuine desire to offer advice where the observer believes value can be added, to having access to information not normally accessible to investors. This obviously does raise some issues similar to those for side letters, an issue well understood in the hedge fund industry. "

https://www.hedgeweek.com/2017/01/18/247730/board-observer-rights-–-it-good-idea

Like I said, perfect placing for Ripple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mistatee2000 said:

Like I said, perfect placing for Ripple

Ripple will be in the board meetings as an observer/adviser and may one day have voting rights on the board. My guess is ripple could if they wanted but preferred to not have voting rights. Ripple is in control here not MGI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Finesse said:

Ripple will be in the board meetings as an observer/adviser and may one day have voting rights on the board. My guess is ripple could if they wanted but preferred to not have voting rights. Ripple is in control here not MGI.

Time may prove you right, however, I'm not sure that Ripple currently would like to be portrayed in such a way to the rest of the market, but purely my view 

We all have a view and I respect a reasoned approach. At the moment it is supposition from many aspects and in this instance we shall have to wait and see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Time may prove you right, however, I'm not sure that Ripple currently would like to be portrayed in such a way to the rest of the market, but purely my view 

We all have a view and I respect a reasoned approach. At the moment it is supposition from many aspects and in this instance we shall have to wait and see. 

did you get a chance to listen to the ceo of MGI talk about ripple and xrp on the radio podcast yet?

Basically confirmed any uncertainty that I had myself, these are exciting times. Much better certainty then when i bought in and the xrapid wasnt even launched.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Finesse said:

did you get a chance to listen to the ceo of MGI talk about ripple and xrp on the radio podcast yet?

Basically confirmed any uncertainty that I had myself, these are exciting times. Much better certainty then when i bought in and the xrapid wasnt even launched.

Yes, I'm afraid I spend far too much time looking in to all the crumbs that are available on the internet regarding Ripple and XRP.  Alex Holmes was very positive - guess he has few options but this could be a massive game changer for MG....and for Ripple, inc XRP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Yes, I'm afraid I spend far too much time looking in to all the crumbs that are available on the internet regarding Ripple and XRP.  Alex Holmes was very positive - guess he has few options but this could be a massive game changer for MG....and for Ripple, inc XRP

In a world where time is spent watching game of thrones or football I think thats awesome to spend a considerable amount researching your investments. 

It was crazy to hear the ceo of a public company saying the very things ive said about xrp over the years. 

Now time to que money gram taking over market share, and the price raising back to 300$ so i can make some money of their shares i bought yesterday as well. (hopeful thinking) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2019 at 8:14 PM, Finesse said:

This aged well. 11 days.

Haha.  I guess it did although it’s more of a strategic partnership in order to coax them into using xrapid.  Don’t get me wrong I’m long ripple labs and Xrp.  Wish ripple had gotten MGI to use xrapid without the $50 million, but let’s see how it goes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.