Sign in to follow this  
BarryPotter

Stability needed

How do you actually go from current price to “moon” when everyone constantly goes on about a stable price being required for the banks and institutions? 

Would it be a parabolic move over night to the required price then stay there? 

or would it get to say $10 and settle for a bit then $50 then settle for a bit then $100etc?

31 minutes ago, BarryPotter said:

How do you actually go from current price to “moon” when everyone constantly goes on about a stable price being required for the banks and institutions? 

or would it get to say $10 and settle for a bit then $50 then settle for a bit then $100etc?

Different people, different opinions, different expectations. No one knows. 

I also wonder about this question. If XRP and only a select few other projects offer real utility, AND if utility can/will end up driving actual demand, then what happens to all of the other coins when the few utility tokens grow consistently from real world usage? 

I think there are too many big players who are in bitcoin to allow for XRP (or any other project) to take its place as #1. I'd even speculate that the large players want BTC to be the poster child of crypto while they also hold large bags of XRP. Until the market is much more liquid, those with large bags are going to do everything they can do keep their portfolio as far in the green as possible. 

9 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

I also wonder about this question. If XRP and only a select few other projects offer real utility, AND if utility can/will end up driving actual demand, then what happens to all of the other coins when the few utility tokens grow consistently from real world usage? 

I think there are too many big players who are in bitcoin to allow for XRP (or any other project) to take its place as #1. I'd even speculate that the large players want BTC to be the poster child of crypto while they also hold large bags of XRP. Until the market is much more liquid, those with large bags are going to do everything they can do keep their portfolio as far in the green as possible. 

I think some of the die hard BC fans I know would shift to XRP if / when the utility and regulation cause it to start an aggressive climb.

13 hours ago, BarryPotter said:

when everyone constantly goes on about a stable price being required for the banks and institutions? 

Which is a total nonsense in my opinion.

Lots of people seem to say it...  none offer any reason that would be so.  

The fact is that the liquidity is the only limiting price-related factor and it’s fine right now for small volume remittances.  

Bigger ones will be enabled if price rises (which is likely if volume is ramping up).

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BarryPotter said:

Banks don't require the price to be stable.

For on demand liquidity, they own XRP for less than 10 seconds. Significantly less volatility during those 10 seconds than during the 3-5 business days the FIAT takes to settle.

All they need is higher price and volume so they can move more money with less slippage.

More stability does save them a little more money, but not much at all. Volatile XRP is still 50% cheaper than current systems. (And days faster)

Edited by retryW

Sign in to follow this