Sign in to follow this  
JannaOneTrick

[AIE + IMF] - Christine preached DLT for Cross-border remittances

Interesting. Sound familiar. Good catch.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JannaOneTrick said:

IMF.png

IMF Director Christine Lagarde on The G20 and the global economy

June, 5th 2019

At the end of discussion, during the Q/A, something very interesting happened

Link to the question below

Link to the answer from Christine below

"We are very keen to explore DLT for all sorts of purposes specially in the fintechworld and when it comes to accelerating cross border payments (..) a lot of transactions that are being conducted at significant cost and with great length of time, we believe that that technology can be upgraded. I think that there's more in that technology now separated from you know the bitcoins and eth and all the rest of them"..

Dunno what to think about that, it sounded like music to my ears but them she threw salt in our eyes.. 

Edited by MisterRipple

1 minute ago, MisterRipple said:

Dunno what to think about that, it sounded like music to my ears but them she threw salt in our eyes.. 

That last part stuck out to me too. But having seen all the other positive things she has said about Ripple (and her meetings with Brad) gives me confidence that she did not mean all of them in the literal sense.

57 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

I ‘see’ it differently actually. I see her body language as she’s sweeping away the noise of BTC, ETH and the rest of them. In fact the simple action of her differentiation of DLT and her articulation of it’s benefits is a plus.

4 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

1 + 1 doesn't equal a duck. Common sense looks at recent developments coupled with made statements; you know very well she can't name assets in deliberation, publically. This is bullish.

She clearly said this has nothing to do with bitcoin and other DA but somehow this is bullish.

Like I said. People hear DLT and they think its ripplenet. Like ripple is the only company in the world which develops dlt. Crazy.

6 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

She clearly said this has nothing to do with bitcoin and other DA but somehow this is bullish.

Like I said. People hear DLT and they think its ripplenet. Like ripple is the only company in the world which develops dlt. Crazy.

I hear you. The thing is that her statement is ambigious, not exact and, probably more likely than not, is deliberately said that way. 

Given it's not a fact that I'm correct, many people just like you and me have been eyeing this for a while and predicating these developments would take place, generally speaking about xrp now, which they have - even excluding any imf discussions. My point is that it's not that much of a strech that xrapid-esque implications are made in her answer. Definitely not 'spinning' it.