Jump to content
Mcripple

Ripple is acquiring MoneyGram?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

You mean we can't just make sh*t up and Tweet about it to drive the price of our favorite cryptos through the roof? I thought that's how it works in cryptos.  Those regulators are so stuffy sometimes. No sense of humor.

😂 of course you can, that's what everybody is doing all the time! It's when NYSE/NASDAQ stocks are involved that the SEC is interested. By involving stocks, you play a much more dangerous game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmrichky said:

Even if the rumor of this acquisition is true, it's still scary AF.

Great find - it's reports like that which drives home my earlier point about misleading statements and market manipulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty though, the person making the acquisition claim has just as much or more "skin in the game" than the people you claim it's BS.  I'm not saying I believe it, but, what makes the claimant less believable than the opposition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jmrichky said:

In all honesty though, the person making the acquisition claim has just as much or more "skin in the game" than the people you claim it's BS.  I'm not saying I believe it, but, what makes the claimant less believable than the opposition?

Not addressing the rumor, just your question- it’s because the burden of proof falls on the person who started the rumor. 

If I were to say that museum exhibits all come to life at night when we’re not looking, and you tell me “that’s not true!”- we are not both equally correct or believed.  

Since I’m the one saying something against the status quo, the burden of proof falls on me to prove that it’s true. 

With that being said- fingers crossed and it’s fun to dream :)

 

Edited by XRabid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, XRabid said:

If I were to say that museum exhibits all come to life at night when we’re not looking, and you tell me “that’s not true!”- we are not both equally correct or believed.

That's not a parallel comparison in this case is it?  I'm sure you already know that, and I appreciate your sensationalized response.

In this case, he is not stating a fact, only something he heard (from what he feels) is a reliable source.  Do any of you have a "reliable source" that negates his claim?  

I'm not saying I believe it.  I take it with a grain of salt but I think he deserves the opportunity to be heard until its proven one way or the other.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing about this....   it does make one wonder if the best way to widespread adoption might actually be a acquisition to get the ball rolling.  

I’d never considered that previously.  

For the record... I’m betting he is mistaken and rumour is false.  Happy to be wrong though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmrichky said:

In this case, he is not stating a fact, only something he heard (from what he feels) is a reliable source.  Do any of you have a "reliable source" that negates his claim?

No, as companies usually don't comment rumours, there is often no reliable source to negate those kind of claims.

In this case, many people have focused on the fact that CryptHawk is indeed not a reliable source (fact) and that it is unusual that a company becomes a competitor of its own customers (fact).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mrenne said:

No, as companies usually don't comment rumours, there is often no reliable source to negate those kind of claims.

In this case, many people have focused on the fact that CryptHawk is indeed not a reliable source (fact) and that it is unusual that a company becomes a competitor of its own customers (fact).

and MGI stock fell to crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, Pablo said:

If true, I will eat my... no scratch that.

 

On 6/5/2019 at 4:50 PM, mrenne said:

I would definitely eat mine if true... if I had one.

Then you guys are lucky that it not true! :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh please, Ripple does not need to acquire Moneygram - that would be foolish, no?  I don't think they want to set themselves up as competitors to their clients... :wacko:

...look how wrong I can be! Happy as heck about it :D

Edited by GiddyUp
eating my words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jmrichky said:

That's not a parallel comparison in this case is it?  I'm sure you already know that, and I appreciate your sensationalized response.

In this case, he is not stating a fact, only something he heard (from what he feels) is a reliable source.  Do any of you have a "reliable source" that negates his claim?  

I'm not saying I believe it.  I take it with a grain of salt but I think he deserves the opportunity to be heard until its proven one way or the other.

 

 

Posted June 5th.. 

 

Canada post and moneygram news drops today. June 7th. We'll see what next week brings.

🤷🏾‍♂️

1B348F52-E279-45E5-81E9-A1DDAB81CF79.jpeg

67EE72C5-4A0C-4AC0-99EF-4D4B6AD9CB28.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...