Mcripple

Ripple is acquiring MoneyGram?

3 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Leading the horse to the water and forcing it to drink seems to be the only way left? 

Do you mean bringing Moneygram and XRP together and force Moneygram to use XRP?

Posted (edited)

Loan them the money....     many ways to skin a cat.

Not saying anything about this rumour  (I still don’t believe it)  just saying the public purchase ain’t the only way to affect decisions.

EDIT:    Also not saying a loan of that size to another company by a startup is a good idea...   just saying many ways to skin the cat.  Still don’t think it’s being skinned though....    :) 

Edited by Tinyaccount

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Basically......yes. ( what else?)

Just asking. Sorry English is not my mother language so stories about horses and water are more difficult to understand for me, when you are talking about banking :)

Then back to your question, no I don't think it's the only way left, but of course it could speed up the adoption and liquidity process though.

3 minutes ago, mrenne said:

hen back to your question, no I don't think it's the only way left, but of course it could speed up the adoption and liquidity process though.

That would be the only logical reason for a possible takeover of MG in my opinion, to get XRP used and to make it a showcase for the rest of the financial world. 

20 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Leading the horse to the water and forcing it to drink seems to be the only way left? 

Not the only way, but certainly seems like it'd make the aqueducts fill up faster... and it comes with a lot of legacy benefits that are ... useful... in a compliance heavy world.

These "id" startups, for instance... what a bunch of good those do you in the first-world, much less the third-world... but if you've got a physical location... old, but still there.

Then you've got just plain old cash-for-crypto sales - no fx or transmit involved - you know how crazy those btc people get when they place one atm?  X 200 countries full...

etc, etc...  I think it's a fun idea, for all kinds of reasons.

7 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

That would be the only logical reason for a possible takeover of MG in my opinion, to get XRP used and to make it a showcase for the rest of the financial world. 

Wouldn’t it also increase the liquidity needed to onboard at other companies?  Basically just boosting it themselves instead of slowly letting (hoping) the market naturally does it.

11 minutes ago, KarlHungus said:

Wouldn’t it also increase the liquidity needed to onboard at other companies?  Basically just boosting it themselves instead of slowly letting (hoping) the market naturally does it.

What is natural or organic about foreign exchange?

6 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Would this not put Ripple in direct competition with a lot of their customers? 

Competitors are for future buying. :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, XRPloverboy97 said:

We haven't seen anything substantial on this rumour yet... Surely we would have heard anything by now?

D... do... do you... you mean... these ludicrous rumors are not true?!

Joke aside: the probability of this thing to be a thing is ridiculously low. The guy clearly uses cognitive techniques to get his points across and influence people. He leverages people's biases. Either he is smart and evil and does it on purpose to support his agenda (e.g. pump and dump group) or he himself is gravely misguided and his judgement is twisted by his own cognitive biases. Either way, the rumor is very likely false. It's not even funny.

And for the people that will say I spread fud again: I don't know whether this thing is true or not. My opinion is that it is not.

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I think we're feeding the hay to the horse and look what you get :D