Ripple is acquiring MoneyGram?

1 hour ago, swift_post said:

No idea if this is true or not. So far there seems to be just one source (crypthawk) but you ask why would Ripple go for this? Well one reason might be that it guarantees a certain level of liquidity because if they own Moneygram they can use xrp at every possible opportunity and this might then allow them to crack customers who are waiting for the liquidity to increase before signing off. 

I agree that liquidity is crucial for XRP, however where measured approaches seem to be the way Ripple move forward, I would suggest that the benefits of acquiring Moneygram are far from certain, but then what do I know?

On 6/8/2019 at 1:02 AM, rodneyDDS said:

Posted June 5th.. 

Canada post and moneygram news drops today. June 7th. We'll see what next week brings.

🤷🏾‍♂️

1B348F52-E279-45E5-81E9-A1DDAB81CF79.jpeg

67EE72C5-4A0C-4AC0-99EF-4D4B6AD9CB28.jpeg

Wonderful cognitive bias! This just suggests that he knew of the Canada Post/Moneygram announcement. It does not prove he knows of an acquisition or that there is one. It could very well be dishonest market manipulation at play here.

8 hours ago, SevenBees said:

This would annihilate retail FX. I  worked for a retail shop for a few years in FX; Ripple purchasing MG would close up 80% of the shops within a year. Those left would be using XRP post consolidation.

Honestly like the idea!

7 hours ago, Troot said:

Wonderful cognitive bias! This just suggests that he knew of the Canada Post/Moneygram announcement. It does not prove he knows of an acquisition or that there is one. It could very well be dishonest market manipulation at play here.

Take it for what it's worth. He called the Canada post news to be released on  Friday.. And was CORRECT. Now, he says Ripple acquired moneygram..

Just using deductive reasoning to come up with the most plausible scenario and motive. With 10k followers, Manipulation of XRP is highly unlikely IMO.

It's a toss in the air for me.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:13 PM, KaaKaRmA said:

Breaking: This has been delayed. 

Word on street is Ripple was leaning on the community to help them with this acquisition. Something about waiting on CKJs contribution still, which was claimed to have been sent. 

Normally I do not agree with discord within our nice community. But with regards to CKJ, it is fair game.

I think If it's true it either will be announced by the companies themselves or we can take a look at the main shareholder information of moneygram at any financial portal. 

It's also interesting, that one Share was over 200 Dollars before 2008 then it crashed and now its about 1,45 Dollar.

I also thought about that they would be concurring their own customers. What does Amazon do ? Many companies are their customers and sell their goods.

What If SBI bought the main Share of MGI ?

2 hours ago, swift_post said:

Looks like MGI is up 13% at $1.64 at the moment. Its almost as volatile as a crypto!

This is the dawn of a new age. A software company in the digital and bridge asset space, potentially buying a company in the fiat remittance space, where both the digital asset and fiat stock price moves up, with the understanding that the digital asset is the most important of the two sides of the potential deal.