Sign in to follow this  
princesultan

Ripple acknowledges unreliable trading volume

Posted (edited)

Yup, they've been selling a lot less for the past 2 months or so. I didn't expect an official statement, but it's good that they've realized the flaw in their programmatic sales, kudos.

They still sell more than 0.20%, mind you, but it's much better now.

Edited by iLeeT

9 hours ago, princesultan said:

https://ripple.com/insights/raising-the-bar-reporting-on-volume-and-sales-of-xrp

interesting... it also says they are decreasing their programmatic sales this quarter, maybe that’s why we’ve seen a bit of a price bump recently (less selling is occurring).

“At Ripple, we believe in proactive transparency.”

Another sign of a well lead company. Acknowledges mistakes of current performance and pivots to get out in front and correct it.  Frankness and candor. Good stuff. Exactly the type of corporate behavior one would look for if you were investing in or working for.

Posted (edited)

In my openium this news are the next step after ''increaseing XRP liquidity and strengthen the overall health of XRP markets''
If we look at the XRP supply we're going closer to the 51% of supply by Ripple escrow.Unbenannt.thumb.png.191df7c5ea2cca950a534768db35f611.png

How many XRPs they want to distribute and where is the point of going into ''balance phase''. For me this looks like the next step in this direction. Great news :popcorn1:

Edited by DarthTrader