a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

yxxyun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2021 at 8:37 PM, BBTX said:

What is the latest status update with everyone's cases? It seems to be very slow moving without many updates. 

Gatehub now settling for those represented by Keller Lenkner. 

separate to French proceedings seeking compensation against alleged criminals 

https://kellerlenkner-databreach.co.uk/neils-gatehub-cryptocurrency-wallet-data-breach/

Edited by Harrryquartz

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JLCali said:

Gatehub just emailed an update

Just a reminder for those victims who have not yet joined the French lawyers, appointed and payed by Gatehub.
You MUST do this to be able to claim any refunds DIRECTLY and not via e.g. Keller Lenkner who then also deduct a commission

From my understanding:

- UK case through helpful K.L. is a civil action against Gatehub for failing to have the right organizational/cybersecurity measures in place.

- French case (through lawyers paid by Gatehub or through transparent ORWL lawyers) is a civil action against the hackers.

So if I'm not wrong it means one does not exclude the other.

Btw Gatehub could be sued in a French criminal court too...

On 8/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, kanaas said:

Just a reminder for those victims who have not yet joined the French lawyers, appointed and payed by Gatehub.
You MUST do this to be able to claim any refunds DIRECTLY and not via e.g. Keller Lenkner who then also deduct a commission

I was not sure if you were aware that some of us were excluded from representation by the attorney that Gatehub hired on behalf of the victims. I am one of them. I know I am not the only one that was excluded.   I never received an email from them or their attorney.  My understanding is they are only representing 43 victims.  I was hacked EXACTLY the same way as everyone else. I emailed Gatehub to ask them why I would be excluded and they refused to respond. I emailed them no less than 5 times.   Per their “Blog” You could reach out to the Judge in Paris.  I live in the U.S.   You can not speak to a judge in France without an attorney. You have no idea the degree of difficulty It is to try and find an attorney in another country.  I reached out to many lawyers with no response.   It is unfortunate Gatehub would choose to do this.  

68552303-1C37-40C5-A3B8-0E808E1B66BF.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Jillian said:

I was not sure if you were aware that some of us were excluded from representation by the attorney that Gatehub hired on behalf of the victims. I am one of them. I know I am not the only one that was excluded.   I never received an email from them or their attorney.  My understanding is they are only representing 43 victims.  I was hacked EXACTLY the same way as everyone else. I emailed Gatehub to ask them why I would be excluded and they refused to respond. I emailed them no less than 5 times.   Per their “Blog” You could reach out to the Judge in Paris.  I live in the U.S.   You can not speak to a judge in France without an attorney. You have no idea the degree of difficulty It is to try and find an attorney in another country.  I reached out to many lawyers with no response.   It is unfortunate Gatehub would choose to do this.  

68552303-1C37-40C5-A3B8-0E808E1B66BF.jpeg

You need to email orwl.fr lawyers in Paris .I found them very helpful in this case.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how compensation payouts are being handled? The price of XRP has 4X'd since the hack and we have been totally illiquid since we didn't have possession of the assets. Do we get the stolen number of XRP back or cash? If cash, what value is put on our stolen assets?

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping...

Does anyone know how compensation payouts are being handled? The price of XRP has 4X'd since the hack and we have been totally illiquid since we didn't have possession of the assets. Do we get the stolen number of XRP back or cash? If cash, what value is put on our stolen assets?

Thanks.