a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

1 hour ago, at3n said:

You absolutely certain that you tried all email addresses that you would have used? I'm now wondering if it was maybe not a 2017 database that was stolen, as having checked haveibeenpwned, it does not contain my email address from 2017 but does contain an email address that I used in 2018...

I don't think that haveibeenpwned would have Gatehub passwords searchable, because the leaked database doesn't contain them in plaintext.

Hope you re-keyed those funds in case they were just overlooked by the hackers? The layout of the database may not have made it obvious which keys were encrypted with the same password unless they wrote a script to check. 

Yes I am positive.  Even if it was 2017 database I had changed my email 2 times since then but also none of the wallets that were hacked were accessed by using log in credentials. My Gatehub log in records confirm that on the day my wallet was hacked it shows no login entries.  Maybe some one here on the forum who is familiar with databases can look closer at the database. However one of the members on Raidforums stated this.

60566AA0-2940-42D0-81FF-BC2E2DF6E097.jpeg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kanaas said:

I doubt the hack went that way. First: he hack wasn't record in the access log and second: in my case I found it weird that they didn't touch my largest XRP account. That time I did manage 3 on ledger accounts in a GH wallet (didn't make use of hosted accounts) with my funds asymmetrical spread over those 3 accounts. The largest account was far bigger than the one they took away. If they had access trough pasword hack they could have taken all 3 in no time....

Just curious, when was the wallet they hacked created ?  I am wondering if it was an issue with earlier wallets, mine was created in 2016.

Hope you re-keyed those funds in case they were just overlooked by the hackers? The layout of the database may not have made it obvious which keys were encrypted with the same password unless they wrote a script to check. 

Those accounts are rekeyed (and now even empty) and all funds are moved to 5 new accounts on a hardware Ledger Nano X
11 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Mine was even older (2015)

Same situation with this wallet holder back in 2016. Yet again this wallet holders issue never addressed and he is told it is his fault. It so convenient for Gatehub to just dismiss these claims and not investigate.  This is one of many. Same crap.

3BFC6500-2889-4023-853F-FAFC6863944C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jillian said:

Same situation with this wallet holder back in 2016. Yet again this wallet holders issue never addressed and he is told it is his fault. It so convenient for Gatehub to just dismiss these claims and not investigate.  This is one of many. Same crap.

3BFC6500-2889-4023-853F-FAFC6863944C.jpeg

my account was stolen as well, there's nothing In access log.

7 hours ago, Jillian said:

Yes I am positive.  Even if it was 2017 database I had changed my email 2 times since then but also none of the wallets that were hacked were accessed by using log in credentials. My Gatehub log in records confirm that on the day my wallet was hacked it shows no login entries.  Maybe some one here on the forum who is familiar with databases can look closer at the database. However one of the members on Raidforums stated this.

60566AA0-2940-42D0-81FF-BC2E2DF6E097.jpeg

I'm intrigued by the post in your image that states the latest entry is December 2017, because 100% my email address found in haveibeenpwned was created after that date.

Perhaps the database was stolen after 2017 but some records removed before the database was leaked; and perhaps there were undated email records that were left in?

I would love to look through the database but I'm reluctant to get my hands dirty, as such.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:13 PM, at3n said:

I'm intrigued by the post in your image that states the latest entry is December 2017, because 100% my email address found in haveibeenpwned was created after that date.

Perhaps the database was stolen after 2017 but some records removed before the database was leaked; and perhaps there were undated email records that were left in?

I would love to look through the database but I'm reluctant to get my hands dirty, as such.

I wonder if your email could be have been hacked from another site unless it was exclusive to Gatehub.  I am not sure the poster is correct about the dates, I am like you I prefer not to download the database.  I do think this database and possibly others may have been leaked before and we were never made aware of it .   I also believe we are being played by some posters on here who may have a hidden agenda to try and convince us of what happened, we are not law enforcement so I am not sure why they are intent on doing so.  

5 hours ago, Jillian said:

I wonder if your email could be have been hacked from another site unless it was exclusive to Gatehub.  I am not sure the poster is correct about the dates, I am like you I prefer not to download the database.  I do think this database and possibly others may have been leaked before and we were never made aware of it .   I also believe we are being played by some posters on here who may have a hidden agenda to try and convince us of what happened, we are not law enforcement so I am not sure why they are intent on doing so.  

haveibeenpwned specifically links the email to Gatehub, and I'm inclined to trust that site more than random forum users. 

Yes, there are definitely people playing games, you definitely should not take everything as truth. But I do find it interesting to try to piece everything together.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:50 AM, Selective said:

my account was stolen as well, there's nothing In access log.

I got the same thing from Lado I am new to this forum was made aware of it just today. November 29th someone exchanged 4.68 BTC and 5.87 Eth TO XRP and sent out 154,000  XRP to an address that then forwarded some to BInance just this morning Binance responded and said that address 
" Please be informed from the provided source deposit address #rNtp7Tj5TGPBpiW8QupfgLifb8VLnpL we have located a suspect account, But unfortunately, the suspect has already emptied the funds"
I will keep reading all the posts but seems all backdoor job my acct hadnt been access for 3 weeks prior to my money being stolen.

I am new here, Jillian told me about this group. Nov 29th someone accessed my gatehub not through the wallet no log ins no two factor no authorized device probably exactly as your wallets were stolen from. in 6 mins they exchanged 4.68 BTC and 5.87 Eth TO XRP and sent out 154,000  XRP to an address  rsctb9F9kJGi9jxh8aMJ2bZvhqbiimdyHE  and then sent on from there. I got the run around from Gatehub for a month but this week they admitted it was not my log in that made the funds go away. tracking wallet addresses on the ripple network i have tracked a few addresses and see 41,000 XRP in a wallet but of course i dont know who or where that wallet is. I have filed a police report for what its worth in Boca Raton FL wheree my desktop is that i access the wallet, I have a detailed IC3 FBI report but no help from Gatehub like everyone else Any help greatly appreciated.  

On 1/23/2020 at 10:46 AM, treasurerepco25 said:

I am new here, Jillian told me about this group. Nov 29th someone accessed my gatehub not through the wallet no log ins no two factor no authorized device probably exactly as your wallets were stolen from. in 6 mins they exchanged 4.68 BTC and 5.87 Eth TO XRP and sent out 154,000  XRP to an address  rsctb9F9kJGi9jxh8aMJ2bZvhqbiimdyHE  and then sent on from there. I got the run around from Gatehub for a month but this week they admitted it was not my log in that made the funds go away. tracking wallet addresses on the ripple network i have tracked a few addresses and see 41,000 XRP in a wallet but of course i dont know who or where that wallet is. I have filed a police report for what its worth in Boca Raton FL wheree my desktop is that i access the wallet, I have a detailed IC3 FBI report but no help from Gatehub like everyone else Any help greatly appreciated.  

Good to see you made it here, sorry for the circumstances.  Just curious to know seeing that you were not hacked until Nov. Did you receive any notice from Gatehub regarding the hack or database leak in June or where you not aware of it until you got hacked ?

Also wanted to share the private group here for the victims in addition to this thread.

Hi all, (forgive me for errors I make, I dont usually post on forums)

I am in a similar position to everyone here and like @treasurerepco25 I have filed both a police report and reported it to the FBI.

I am extremely upset that I've not heard of any progress on arrests or obtainment of the stolen funds after so long. Like others I used 2factor authentication and a strong password.

As for the perpetrators, I dont think the ones posting here are real, and are likely trolling us. I dont believe anybody would publicly admit to stealing millions and come back to the same forum. However the ones on the other hacking forum seems legitimate as they posted what appears at glance to be the real database. Also the blogpost that someone linked earlier to Dataviper was also interesting.

But I repeat, where is Gatehub's update to this? I still don't even know how they even got hacked, when I was using 2factor and a strong password. I wish they were more transparent.