a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

I've been receiving phonecalls recently from people speaking broken english from Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Germany, probably a reroute from India or Africa to those countries. They try to sell me a trading course and get more personal information. Asking me if I am interested in trading etc and probably trying to scam me. I don't give any information, hangup and don't answer those calls anymore ofcourse.

I wonder if that could be part of the GH hack. Anyone else experiencing those calls? Possibly they bought my personal information somewhere on the dark web. In 2018 there also was a Litebit hack that could have spilled information like that.

Luckily I've got my investment buried away far from phones and computers and have my secret key tattooed on a very intimate place ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

On 12/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, baggy23 said:

Any update from @gatehub ?

"Dear GateHub Customer,

Recently, our Security Team learned additional information in relation to the June incident affecting some of our customers that we emailed you about in July. As we continued to investigate, we found evidence that the following information on your account was accessed without authorization: unique account id, email, date of account creation, hashed password1, encrypted account key2 and encrypted recovery key3.

Any other information such as: encrypted XRP ledger wallets secret keys, phone number, address, nationality, citizenship, ID document(s), proof of residence document(s), date of birth, place of birth, or other information was NOT compromised.

1. Hashed passwords are passwords converted into unreadable strings of characters that are designed to be impossible to convert back.
2. Encrypted by symmetric encryption algorithm.
3. Encrypted by symmetric encryption algorithm"

From yesterday, Thursday 06.12.2019

To Gatehub, ...  From : a loss of 1,250,000 XRP's .....                 1.You obviously are not going to do the right thing because the price of XRP is approximately 40% cheaper now then when this hack occurred which would be a 40% replacement savings.2. And just how can you run a business without ( I am assuming) Insurance for incidents that occurred as this. I myself as others on this blog had the rug pulled out from under us. 3. Ripple also is washing their hands of this even though they recommended using Gatehug for storage of  XRP.

My future life style  , future donations to charity,  future bonuses to employees have been greatly jeopardized by your lack of ...... what the hell like this really matters to you. 

To Gatehub:   From 1,250,000 XRP loser......

We now you are monitoring this site yet little response. Basically the only response in general we are receiving " we are still investigating ". You could at least inform us your intent of our loss or are you just preventing future hacking and ignore your mistakes of our loss. From the amount of views and replies you are receiving a lot of bad publicity! I'm not going to let this expensive issue lay dormant.  Please don't let me give in to Hayes Connor for help. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

VinnyTroia:  Why was prosox arrested?

Snoupinet:   Because I have him a lot of money related to gatehub despite his lack of role compared to maxime

Snoupinet:   I know you have a hard time believing me

Snoupinet:   But I was freed and not them

Snoupinet:   Mainly because I came to gatehub

Snoupinet:   And helped authorities recover most of the funds

Snoupinet: So I know ddb lies to investigators

Snoupinet:   Prosox tried to hide his 90 BTC

Snoupinet:   Both are in prison

https://www.dataviper.io/blog/2019/gnosticplayers-part-1-nclay-ddb-nsfw/

So where are the recovered funds?

VinnyTroia:  Why was prosox arrested?

Snoupinet:   Because I have him a lot of money related to gatehub despite his lack of role compared to maxime

Snoupinet:   I know you have a hard time believing me

Snoupinet:   But I was freed and not them

Snoupinet:   Mainly because I came to gatehub

Snoupinet:   And helped authorities recover most of the funds

Snoupinet: So I know ddb lies to investigators

Snoupinet:   Prosox tried to hide his 90 BTC

Snoupinet:   Both are in prison

https://www.dataviper.io/blog/2019/gnosticplayers-part-1-nclay-ddb-nsfw/

So where are the recovered funds?

My gutfeeling...,

- stolen XRP is traded by the hackers (not recoverable as they were)

- LEA is making progress (some proof by this blog) and already has a few in prison

- GH anticipated with a reserve to refund (remember @silkjear discovered a large tx from ripple to GH about the same amount of stolen XRP)

- GH is not willing (ashamed?) or not allowed to talk until legal and justice acting has been completed

- And finally, every single REPORTED stolen XRP will be refunded from the GH reserve

- Victims who went to court might even win a lawsuit from GH and "recover" some possible losses (not able to trade/sell those XRP for several months, psychological suffering,...)