yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Why is this person still free and able to leak stuff after being doxxed and connected with so many other hacks? Where is LE? 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, yxxyun said:

suggest all the gatehub users set regular key and disable their account's master key. 

@yxxyun can you give some pointers as to what steps should be taken. I personally have some accounts on gatehub which I emptied a few months ago after the first hack. Now the zerps are safe on Ledger Nano S. But would be nice to be able to use the accounts again in the future.

21 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

@yxxyun can you give some pointers as to what steps should be taken. I personally have some accounts on gatehub which I emptied a few months ago after the first hack. Now the zerps are safe on Ledger Nano S. But would be nice to be able to use the accounts again in the future.

All steps have been explained earlier, but you will have to search this thread ;)

On 10/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, karlos said:

I have removed links to the potential database leak from this thread. The forum does not allow links to doxxing/hacking etc data dumps.

It still would be nice if someone from this forum could take a look, and publish a complete list of ripple accounts that are at risk.

4 hours ago, Hero_Member said:

It still would be nice if someone from this forum could take a look, and publish a complete list of ripple accounts that are at risk.

Since we don't know what really happened it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure it's because of leaked gatehub database.

4 minutes ago, tulo said:

Since we don't know what really happened it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure it's because of leaked gatehub database.

If there is a database with (hashed) passwords for sale on the internet, i'd like to know if my account is in there...

On 10/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, Milk said:

Why is this person still free and able to leak stuff after being doxxed and connected with so many other hacks? Where is LE? 

Because LE dont care about crypto victims

2 hours ago, JLCali said:

I miss my XRP. I feel worthless in this wait game for answers. Am I alone?

I feel for you but XRP is worth next to nothing so you aren't really missing out on anything.

What do you mean XRP is worth next to nothing?  We where all in it for the long term which I purchased over four years ago at.oo4 per XRP then have it all disappear.  I  have total faith in Ripple's progress otherwise I would sold at $3.00 per xrp.  ( 1250000 xrp's is not next to nothing that was stolen ).

Did you see?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/11/password-data-dumped-online-for-2-2-million-users-of-currency-and-gaming-sites/

In October 2019, 1.4M accounts from the cryptocurrency wallet service GateHub were posted to a popular hacking forum. GateHub had previously acknowledged a data breach in June, albeit with a smaller number of impacted accounts. Data from the breach included email addresses, mnemonic phrases, wallet hashes and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes.

Hacked :

Cryptocurrency wallet hashes, Email addresses, Mnemonic phrases, Passwords

Number of accounts:   1,408,078