yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

5 minutes ago, Silkjaer said:

r9Be4diPqgUcdPNPvzY1rFTTATLFhFeKSF is a https://changenow.io account, so it is only natural they still have account activity.

ChangeNOW have confirmed they have frozen some of the stolen XRP.

Given that the fellow a few posts back said he wasn't all that up on tech, it's probably also worth clarifying that XRP can't be "frozen" - but when certain, tracked XRP addresses transact with and deposit those XRP into a "responsible" entity, such as an exchange, that's where (and who) would do the "freezing" when the XRP go into exchange's custody.

(Not picking on you, just being careful with language.  Given your - very cool, bibliophile myself! - hobby, I'm sure you understand how things get... "lost in translation"...  :d_book:)

Thanks for keeping up with all of this, btw.

I received forms from HAYES CONNOR to fill out about the breach..... Seems simple enough.... will let my lawyer advise me .... I will keep you informed per HAYES CONNOR agreeing .

I received forms from HAYES CONNOR to fill out about the breach..... Seems simple enough.... will let my lawyer advise me .... I will keep you informed per HAYES CONNOR agreeing .

Advise from my lawyer was to go by HC

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

"Thank You" ChangeNow for responding . I've put Hayes Connor's forms on hold. Load off of my mind as with others on this post.               Never heard of ChangeNow but my manager informed me that they are very reputable. Check ed them out by Googling them.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:57 AM, ChangeNOW said:

Hey there,

We're working with our GateHub colleagues very closely, doing our best on keeping the stolen money intact. We will keep you updated on the situation!

Can you confirm how much XRP has been isolated? As reports to date indicate it is less than 2% of the total amount lost? 

3 hours ago, Birt Ernie said:

I was told ( not confirmed) that they found the hacker in Japan. 

If that's true I would be really surprised. Thanks for sharing though.

11 hours ago, Birt Ernie said:

I was told ( not confirmed) that they found the hacker in Japan. 

Where did you get the information?

10 hours ago, Birt Ernie said:

.......trying to find the original source. Not relying on information from another.

There has been multiple crypto theft related arrests the last months, but to my knowledge none has been related to this event. Could be a "mixup" of information :)