a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

yxxyun

9 minutes ago, tulo said:

This has nothing to do with mainnet, otherwise we'd seen hacked accounts that were not stored by gatehub.

@all the people hacked: did you have a relatively easy password (less than 6 characters) on gatehub?

most people had strong passwords and two factor authentication switched on . i still think this was some kind of inside job and thats why i think gatehub has taken forever to make a definitive statement on this mess .

20 minutes ago, faz said:

thats why i think gatehub has taken forever to make a definitive statement on this mess .

That silksjaer guy said accounts are still being compromised or at least that XRP is still being moved off gatehub by the hackers which indicates gatehub have absolutely no idea how the hackers have managed to do this. That's why there's no statement imo. 

1 hour ago, faz said:

most people had strong passwords and two factor authentication switched on . i still think this was some kind of inside job and thats why i think gatehub has taken forever to make a definitive statement on this mess .

Yeah man my password consists of 12 characters alpha and numerical also caps small letters. Will take centuries to decrypt. 

That's only my account. Hackers can break 500 plus accounts in days? How much computing power they have. 

Edited by jlripple

4 hours ago, tulo said:

This has nothing to do with mainnet, otherwise we'd seen hacked accounts that were not stored by gatehub.

@all the people hacked: did you have a relatively easy password (less than 6 characters) on gatehub?

I  had just changed my password 3 days prior to my account being hacked.   I used 18 characters including upper case, lower case letters, numbers and punctuation marks.

2fa on Gatehub account

New Email Account was Added

2fa on an email that was   exclusive to Gatehub account only never used for anything other than Gatehub.

Account was created in 2016

Edited by Jillian

43 minutes ago, Jillian said:

I  had just changed my password 3 days prior to my account being hacked.   I used 18 characters including upper case, lower case letters, numbers and punctuation marks.

2fa on Gatehub account

2fa on an email that was   exclusive to Gatehub account only never used for anything other than Gatehub.

Account was created in 2016

this creates more questions. how can your password be decrypted in just days.

3 hours ago, tulo said:

We've seen that already with Bitpoint and Bitrue

Few years back whoever had 100,000 XRP in the GATEHUB got stolen in every other day within a month.   I am one of the Victim.  I knew 5 other victims.   We spent $12000 dollars and hired an attorney and sent demand letters to RIPPLE.  Since Ripple was the one asked us to move our XRP from Ripple to GateHub. But it was unsuccessful.  Only option left was to go for an Arbitration or Suing them in the Court.  We didn't pursue because of Cost vs Recovery.  

Dealing with GateHub is not easy from US.  Since they are registered in UK.  Operates from Slovenia. 

the previous round wasn't much publicized like this one. for the past 2 years we heard hacks happening at gatehub but not many people pay attention mainly people are very sure it was the user who did not turn on 2fa etc. now we know gatehub security has issue in a big way. it's interesting to see what they going to do this time about it.

4 hours ago, Jillian said:

I am sorry to hear this happened to all of you.  What was the response from Gatehub regarding this hack?   How were they able to get your funds? Was it similar to the recent hack and they accessed wallets without log in credentials?  

Thief accessed our accounts using RippleTradeClient software.  Ripple decommissioned that software later date. We lost close to 1.5 million XRP's. we contacted GateHub through email only.  Since they registered in UK.  We couldn't find any attorney in US to deal with them. 

14 hours ago, nkarthi said:

Thief accessed our accounts using RippleTradeClient software.  Ripple decommissioned that software later date. We lost close to 1.5 million XRP's. we contacted GateHub through email only.  Since they registered in UK.  We couldn't find any attorney in US to deal with them. 

I hate hearing this happened .  Were there any police reports filed ?  Did Gatehub notify any law enforcement regarding the hack?   

On 7/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, jlripple said:

Yeah man my password consists of 12 characters alpha and numerical also caps small letters. Will take centuries to decrypt. 

That's only my account. Hackers can break 500 plus accounts in days? How much computing power they have. 

If you're not familiar with the methods used, then this video might prove helpful

It’s to the point that legal action might be what we have to do as a class action lawsuit. This firm is looking into the matter to start one. Victims can contact them. It would be good to know our options to protect ourselves at this point.  

sharova@sharovalaw.com   phone: 718-766-9401

phone: 212-321-0741

fax: 212-939-6211

745 Fifth Avenue, Suite 500

10151 New York City