Jump to content
yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, at3n said:

But it's also likely that they didn't actually lose any funds themselves, so they would probably not go bust unless they actually do refund people.

For other reasons though, it's still a good idea to get out, unfortunately.

They don't lose money directly, but they miss out on the ability to make money off those people. Essentially, every place has some sort of withdraw fee when moving money out. So, if you withdraw everything and move out, they're going to get one last bit of fees in, but going forward you aren't keeping them financed from future withdrawls. The same concept would apply if nobody used the service as they wouldn't have any income from people using the service, but they still have costs that are going to exist regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that there are some things going on behind the scenes that prevent them from commenting but overall it looks very bad and I would personally never touch them again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 2:27 AM, Xinchen said:

Does GH think this will be diminished over the time? How do they response to their loyal clients?

loyal clients of GH are idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Personology said:

If I ever get my fund back, I would definitely donate to the XRPforensics team.  They took the roles that GateHub should've in terms of communication, investigation, and speed.  They definitely add value to the space, and I think they will play a vital role the future if we were to move forward.  Thank you guys for using up your free time trying to retrieve our funds.  

Take note @gatehub 🐾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Personology said:

If I ever get my fund back, I would definitely donate to the XRPforensics team.  They took the roles that GateHub should've in terms of communication, investigation, and speed.  They definitely add value to the space, and I think they will play a vital role the future if we were to move forward.  Thank you guys for using up your free time trying to retrieve our funds.  

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work of XRPforensics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selective said:

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work o

1 hour ago, Selective said:

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work of XRPforensics.

I agree , I'll donate also!

On 6/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Finesse said:

Do we have an updated figure on the total heist?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This statement form @gatehub doesn’t sound good at all!

“Once these legal procedures are completed we will know the exact amount of funds that our customers will be able to retrieve. Until then we kindly ask our customers to remain patient and report thefts to their local law enforcement agencies in case they haven’t done so already”

 

most of the funds are already cashed out. If they manage to get them back, they will give us us something. If not, our XRP are lost forever due to their negligence in holding our keys safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Geekluca said:

This statement form @gatehub doesn’t sound good at all!

“Once these legal procedures are completed we will know the exact amount of funds that our customers will be able to retrieve. Until then we kindly ask our customers to remain patient and report thefts to their local law enforcement agencies in case they haven’t done so already”

 

most of the funds are already cashed out. If they manage to get them back, they will give us us something. If not, our XRP are lost forever due to their negligence in holding our keys safe. 

Source ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Geekluca said:

This statement form @gatehub doesn’t sound good at all!

“Once these legal procedures are completed we will know the exact amount of funds that our customers will be able to retrieve. Until then we kindly ask our customers to remain patient and report thefts to their local law enforcement agencies in case they haven’t done so already”

 

most of the funds are already cashed out. If they manage to get them back, they will give us us something. If not, our XRP are lost forever due to their negligence in holding our keys safe. 

This statement really doesn't sound so promising. I knew it from Day 1 they released the preliminary that they won't do anything to reimburse the all the funds that we lost since they don't have the financial capability like other exchanges.

Nonetheless, they are still liable and responsible in terms of protecting our funds since it's their "API security" that got breached and not our online accounts.

As suggested here many times we should really band up and delegate a lawyer since we are talking $10M cumulative stolen. It is also not clear if our KYC documents are safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This statement really doesn't sound so promising. I knew it from Day 1 they released the preliminary that they won't do anything to reimburse the all the funds that we lost since they don't have the financial capability like other exchanges.
Nonetheless, they are still liable and responsible in terms of protecting our funds since it's their "API security" that got breached and not our online accounts.
As suggested here many times we should really band up and delegate a lawyer since we are talking $10M cumulative stolen. It is also not clear if our KYC documents are safe.

Not “just API security”. They were/are the permanent trusted keepers of our secret keys. So it is not like a wallet service or tool being hacked, but it was the entire content of a strongbox they had to guard. Also with crypto, who holds the keys, has complete control and responsibility for money....


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...