yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

48 minutes ago, jlripple said:

i was also hacked, received an email from gatehub this morning while i was sleeping.

when i woke up checked my account realized 86,000 of my xrp transferred out on the 31st May 2019

i had 2fa enabled and no email whatsoever saying account is logged in from another place.

i am really devastated. it's my hard earned money

Exactly same thing happened to me on the same date... cant believe this happened to so many people.. something should be done and I don’t know what to do....

i felt like jumping off the cliff right now. seriously. i am at my work place and can't seem to think about anything else.

2 minutes ago, jlripple said:

i felt like jumping off the cliff right now. seriously. i am at my work place and can't seem to think about anything else.

Sorry to hear bc I was like that at my workplace too... Hope that there’s any way to take legal action but im not even sure whom I should talk to. Plz let me know if anybody has any advise

This is horrible news. Please ensure you have reported to exchange and local police. Hopefully the exchange has an insurance program to compensate the loss of funds. 

It is also a salient reminder that people should never leave crypto on any exchange. In my view, most exchanges have terrible security measures in place. The recent hack of Binance should tell you everything you need to know about smaller exchanges (i.e. ALL OF THEM). 

11 minutes ago, YWON said:

Exactly same thing happened to me on the same date... cant believe this happened to so many people.. something should be done and I don’t know what to do....

i saw one of ur posts about gatehub's reply. when did u receive it?  i am really at a loss. gatehub was recommended by ripple and they claimed their security was one of the best.

now look what happened.

5 minutes ago, YWON said:

Sorry to hear bc I was like that at my workplace too... Hope that there’s any way to take legal action but im not even sure whom I should talk to. Plz let me know if anybody has any advise

hopefully they can do something but i am not sure how many users were really affected

Posted (edited)

Interesting Medium article from 2017 by a guy who also lost his GH xrp balance;  curiously, Gatehub email referenced in that article is quite similar to the one people received today:

https://medium.com/@rhjvr/gatehub-the-cryptocurrency-wallet-to-stay-away-from-3d483e8440bf

Edited by automatic
emails were not the same, although some language was identical

I think it is very important for everybody who has been hacked to file the report with the local police... it appears that gatehub will want to see that first to separate the  bs (not saying there is any but we know how online forums work) from the legitimate... has everybody who has suffered from this fiasco done that? And if not, why not?  

31 minutes ago, jlripple said:

i saw one of ur posts about gatehub's reply. when did u receive it?  i am really at a loss. gatehub was recommended by ripple and they claimed their security was one of the best.

now look what happened.

I got their reply in like less than 4 hours of my initial inquiry to investigate. Im not even sure they did investigate though..

1 minute ago, YWON said:

I got their reply in like less than 4 hours of my initial inquiry to investigate. Im not even sure they did investigate though..

u mean u sent them an inquiry first then they replied with that email and subsequently they sent out a security breach email to those people who were hacked?

6 minutes ago, jlripple said:

u mean u sent them an inquiry first then they replied with that email and subsequently they sent out a security breach email to those people who were hacked?

Im not sure if they sent out a security email to other people or not but i just figured out myself that my account was stolen and then instantly sent an inquiry. However i dont think they actually investigated since their reply was so quick ( like in 4 hrs). I was going to report it to local police office tomorrow but probably not much they can do.. will try to email other organization that I can get helped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/bwgc56/and_this_is_how_i_lost_380000_xrp_due_to_a_breach/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/bwga4y/and_this_is_how_i_lost_380000_xrp_using_gatehub/

1 hour ago, YWON said:

I was going to report it to local police office tomorrow but probably not much they can do..

You want to report this to your local law enforcement ASAP... that way there is a record of this and that is what gatehub has requested of people who have been hacked... people who do not report with their local police and wish to be taken seriously when attempting to recoup their funds will without a doubt need a police report... 

Look at it this way... it won't hurt... it could only help..