Jump to content

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k


yxxyun
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just a thought. Maybe there is some activity and more information in the closed group (invite only) for the victims of the hack? We don’t need to know the details if this is the case (there might be some bilateral agreements in place which should stay private) but a confirmation of such activity would probably be enough to close down this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

Just a thought. Maybe there is some activity and more information in the closed group (invite only) for the victims of the hack? We don’t need to know the details if this is the case (there might be some bilateral agreements in place which should stay private) but a confirmation of such activity would probably be enough to close down this thread.

there's no agreement, gatehub is quiet as a mouse. these guys can't even come out with an official statement. how the hack happened nobody knows.

Edited by jlripple
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one have obtained each and every zerp from Gatehub. Thankfully I transferred almost all to cold storage and haven't been a victim of this hack.

Having seen the way @gatehubhave tackled the situation in comparison to Bittrue by treating members here with complete disregard, I will take my remaining zerps off the exchange and never use this incompetent company again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faz said:

i think at this stage its a likely assumption that gatehub have gone bust , probably a good idea for everybody to get their funds off asap .

 

But it's also likely that they didn't actually lose any funds themselves, so they would probably not go bust unless they actually do refund people.

For other reasons though, it's still a good idea to get out, unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, at3n said:

But it's also likely that they didn't actually lose any funds themselves, so they would probably not go bust unless they actually do refund people.

For other reasons though, it's still a good idea to get out, unfortunately.

They don't lose money directly, but they miss out on the ability to make money off those people. Essentially, every place has some sort of withdraw fee when moving money out. So, if you withdraw everything and move out, they're going to get one last bit of fees in, but going forward you aren't keeping them financed from future withdrawls. The same concept would apply if nobody used the service as they wouldn't have any income from people using the service, but they still have costs that are going to exist regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2019 at 2:27 AM, Xinchen said:

Does GH think this will be diminished over the time? How do they response to their loyal clients?

loyal clients of GH are idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Personology said:

If I ever get my fund back, I would definitely donate to the XRPforensics team.  They took the roles that GateHub should've in terms of communication, investigation, and speed.  They definitely add value to the space, and I think they will play a vital role the future if we were to move forward.  Thank you guys for using up your free time trying to retrieve our funds.  

Take note @gatehub 🐾

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Personology said:

If I ever get my fund back, I would definitely donate to the XRPforensics team.  They took the roles that GateHub should've in terms of communication, investigation, and speed.  They definitely add value to the space, and I think they will play a vital role the future if we were to move forward.  Thank you guys for using up your free time trying to retrieve our funds.  

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work of XRPforensics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Selective said:

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work o

1 hour ago, Selective said:

Same here I'd give out % of my funds back to the great work of XRPforensics.

I agree , I'll donate also!

On 6/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Finesse said:

Do we have an updated figure on the total heist?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This statement form @gatehub doesn’t sound good at all!

“Once these legal procedures are completed we will know the exact amount of funds that our customers will be able to retrieve. Until then we kindly ask our customers to remain patient and report thefts to their local law enforcement agencies in case they haven’t done so already”

 

most of the funds are already cashed out. If they manage to get them back, they will give us us something. If not, our XRP are lost forever due to their negligence in holding our keys safe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.