yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

The last update on the Gatehub blow was from June 7th, nearly a month ago.  I am amazed at how little Gatehub is interacting with its customers.  I'm suprised people are still trading on there.  So glad I moved my stash onto a ledger!   Nice work Gatehub...not :-)

Anyone not able to log into their Gatehub account? Keeps denying me after 2FA. This has been several attempts over several days.

Despite the possibilty that Gatehub is actively pursuing a solution behind the curtains, their behaviour and lack of response is beyond disgrace. It seems almost irrelevant at this point whether they will have something to communicate here. 

I do hope that the coordination and groups created by the damaged parties lend more constructive discussions as to the next steps that should be taken. I wish you would be able to challenge this legally and persistently, to the best of your capabilites.

Good luck

Posted (edited)

It seems apparent by now that gatehub does not intend to compensate the defrauded ones. Although gatehub is (probably) a victim in this situation as well, this is beyond unprofessional.

I suggest that you stop hopeing and start acting. Their handling of the situation speaks for itself. They should have no place in the XRP space anymore.

Edited by JohnS0N

Just a thought. Maybe there is some activity and more information in the closed group (invite only) for the victims of the hack? We don’t need to know the details if this is the case (there might be some bilateral agreements in place which should stay private) but a confirmation of such activity would probably be enough to close down this thread.

Could be and I sincerely hope that you are right. This would be the best for everyone involved, also and especially gatehub.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

Just a thought. Maybe there is some activity and more information in the closed group (invite only) for the victims of the hack? We don’t need to know the details if this is the case (there might be some bilateral agreements in place which should stay private) but a confirmation of such activity would probably be enough to close down this thread.

there's no agreement, gatehub is quiet as a mouse. these guys can't even come out with an official statement. how the hack happened nobody knows.

Edited by jlripple

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lamberth said:

No,  as much in the dark as everyone else. Not helped by Gatehub’s silence/lack of updates. Of concern is the now complete cessation of any communication via support or their social media pages (Twitter, Facebook etc).

Only XRPforensics team have been giving much appreciated help and  they are giving assistance to the investigating LEAs having tracked the funds since theft to cash out. They have been outstanding in their generosity of time and sharing of knowledge. 

Edited by Harrryquartz

i think at this stage its a likely assumption that gatehub have gone bust , probably a good idea for everybody to get their funds off asap .

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, faz said:

i think at this stage its a likely assumption that gatehub have gone bust , probably a good idea for everybody to get their funds off asap .

Best thought is that they are too busy preparing the release of a definitive report into the theft, not going to assume anything until then but the longer the silence goes on the greater the uncertainty. 

Edited by Harrryquartz

I for one have obtained each and every zerp from Gatehub. Thankfully I transferred almost all to cold storage and haven't been a victim of this hack.

Having seen the way @gatehubhave tackled the situation in comparison to Bittrue by treating members here with complete disregard, I will take my remaining zerps off the exchange and never use this incompetent company again.

1 hour ago, faz said:

But it's also likely that they didn't actually lose any funds themselves, so they would probably not go bust unless they actually do refund people.

For other reasons though, it's still a good idea to get out, unfortunately.