yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

43 minutes ago, cjeremys2 said:

Has anyone receive any further email from @gatehub

We are definitely left in the dark now with this security issue of theirs

This sucks even BitTrue assured their customers that they will get their funds back.

I emailed today and got nothing back @gatehub 🐾

Same old story say nothing and wait it out hoping those lost funds will move on! If Gatehub was going to replace lost funds they would have said long before now. No news is because there a bunch of incompetent idiots who think this will go away. Get together and sue them.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, cjeremys2 said:

Has anyone receive any further email from @gatehub

We are definitely left in the dark now with this security issue of theirs

This sucks even BitTrue assured their customers that they will get their funds back.

When BitTrue got hacked and they immediately promised everyone would be made whole again, it made me think of the GateHub victims here...this sucks so bad.  People have given GateHub way too much leniency with this.  They've just slinked away like it's OK - is there any legal action underway? I hope so.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Latest Bitrue has made users effected by hack whole again, all accounts hacked have there XRP replaced and all done within 2 days of hack. Bitrue kept users informed every step and honoured there word! Gatehub what have u done for users effected in hack? Definitely  was result of poor security and probably inside collaboration to empty honest XRP investors accounts and leave them shaken to the core. Shame on you! I had no funds stolen in either hack but feel compelled to speak out for those that lost everything.

Gatehub hack

https://xrpcommunity.blog/xrp-news-update-june-5th-2019/

Bittrue hack 
https://coil.com/p/Hodor/XRP-News-Update-Expansion-Headlines/vKzbht2pU

After almost one month victims still in the dark of what caused the breach and whether they will ever see their coins again while Bittrue explained clearly what happened also refunded their users swiftly. Shame on you @gatehub

Thanks @Hodor

For updates 

So different customer approach. 

Done with Gatehub.  They’re not the  company customer can trust and do business with . 

If they’ll not refund us, not only sue them but also I’ll post everywhere how they treat customer. Customers don’t need to do business with company like Gatehub. 

On 6/26/2019 at 1:05 AM, Finesse said:

This would set a legal precedent in my opinion.

No it does not.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, Personology said:

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

I think it is a weak response not to say anything here, I am pretty sure they are aware of the hack. So, be open and fair, and let the community know your position in this.

If Ripple is not in a position to comment because of legal consequences, at least they can let us know just that.

I was not hacked, but i sure did believe Gatehub was safe because of the "recommendation" from Ripple....

1 hour ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Just letting BTC maxis know (obviously disregard if you aren't one) that there is a thread for you to register upon click....

again, no comment necessary if you aren't one....

Who are you referring to? I have not seen anyone mentioning Bitcoin....

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, baggy23 said:

Any update?

There are some high volume REP (Augur) ledger payments coming from Gatehub.?

grafik.png

Total amount 15 REP – looks like xrpcharts is confused about the USD value of REP :)

In other words, they are payments of REP IOU's issued by Gatehub, and apparently xrpcharts think that the USD value per REP is ~38M, rather than ~15.

Edited by Silkjaer