yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

19 minutes ago, JLCali said:

and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

1 minute ago, at3n said:

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

Agreed and not my intention at all in those words.Thank you for clarifying.

4 hours ago, JLCali said:

I recently sent communication to @gatehub asking about general security regarding the hack - haven't' heard back yet but just sent it. Any advice from people here about protecting my: name, address, phone number, tax ID number, bank account info and every other little thing anybody has to provide to have an account? Normally I would just delete everything and call it a day. Besides staring at the ALV there I can't transfer anywhere I'm hopeful Gatehub will remedy this for us all since it was their issue getting hacked - not ours. Therefore I leave my empty account open. Or Gatehub files BK and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that.

You can add the ALV trustline in a different account and move it :)

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

1 hour ago, Personology said:

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

I agree 100%  Help those who supported you from the beginning. If not for Ripple company recommending to us Gatehub, not that many people would store their xrp at Gatehub and this hack would not be that big as it is right now. I hope Ripple will come out and do whats right, help out the victims and show their support for the community that stood by them all this years. 

2 hours ago, Personology said:

This would set a legal precedent in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Personology said:

this is a tough one. the ripple site is listing places one can buy xrp and as an information they provide to the public. Does this mean they have some legal obligation here? to be honest, sadly, I am almost possitive they dont...

I also had some coins on gatehub following the information they have provided. I loved that exhange, it was my favorite. I think they are solely responsible for what happened.

BTW, wheels of justice sometimes work slowly. read this latest news on a hack from 2 years ago: https://www.coindesk.com/two-israeli-brothers-arrested-for-phishing-fraud-bitfinex-hack

6 minutes ago, gkatz said:

this is a tough one. the ripple site is listing places one can buy xrp and as an information they provide to the public. Does this mean they have some legal obligation here? to be honest, sadly, I am almost possitive they dont...

I also had some coins on gatehub following the information they have provided. I loved that exhange, it was my favorite. I think they are solely responsible for what happened.

BTW, wheels of justice sometimes work slowly. read this latest news on a hack from 2 years ago: https://www.coindesk.com/two-israeli-brothers-arrested-for-phishing-fraud-bitfinex-hack

he means this https://rippletrade.com

Thank you for using Ripple Trade. While we continue to develop the Ripple ecosystem, we are no longer running Ripple Trade, the wallet application. You can still access your balances and secret key after migrating your account to GateHub, or at another wallet provider of your choice. If you choose to migrate to GateHub, click, Migrate Wallet to GateHub to get started.

6 minutes ago, gkatz said:

On the news today. This highlights the importance of reporting thefts. 

Please make sure you have reported any crimes. At the bottom of the article is a telephone number to call if needs be. 🐾

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/six-arrested-over-theft-of-22m-worth-of-cryptocurrency-11748863

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, gkatz said:

These guys at Gatehub if u go through their website mentioned Chris Larsen name a few times. it gave people the impression that it's related closely with ripple.

https://gatehub.net/blog/announcement/

https://gatehub.net/careers/backend-developer

I mean why would Chris take a stake in Gatehub, he doesn't need to. Also Bitstamp Ceo.

If the intention was only to "borrow" their reputation then the current situation is very bad.

People lost tons of money and everyone from Gatehub is quiet. 

Edited by jlripple

12 minutes ago, Ripplexyz said:

Another Hack this time Bitrue! Exchanges owner quickly informed users all funds would be returned. 27th June 11.8 million XRP stolen 

They were insured apparently but to be honest the way they have handled it is very professional. It is really the opposite what @gatehub is doing. Making mistake is normal and very human but it takes strengths to admit and resolve mistakes.  @gatehub is not doing any of it.