Jump to content

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jlripple said:

just saw the USD20 and USD15, i mean compensation aside these guys can't even come out with an official announcement. they are eerily quiet.

That's why I follow the official filings made by Gatehub, to see if there are things going on in the background.

They could increase their capital to compensate victims or pull out capital and file for bankruptcy, and anything in between.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

Weeks have gone bye with no update from Gatehub, this is unacceptable and I feel for everyone here who lost there XRP to the hack! Enough time has passed that Gatehub will understand exactly what happened and how they plan to deal with situation. I think people who had there XRP stolen through Gatehub hack need to start Court proceedings in hopes of recovering there investment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently sent communication to @gatehub asking about general security regarding the hack - haven't' heard back yet but just sent it. Any advice from people here about protecting my: name, address, phone number, tax ID number, bank account info and every other little thing anybody has to provide to have an account? Normally I would just delete everything and call it a day. Besides staring at the ALV there I can't transfer anywhere I'm hopeful Gatehub will remedy this for us all since it was their issue getting hacked - not ours. Therefore I leave my empty account open. Or Gatehub files BK and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that.

Edited by JLCali
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 11:52 AM, mrenne said:

They allotted 112,832 shares for a total of 2,048,980 USD:

 71,300 shares x 20 USD

41,532 shares x 15 USD

You mean the nominal value, which is 1,128 GBP and is only a number for the books

Where do you see this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JLCali said:

and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, at3n said:

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

Agreed and not my intention at all in those words.Thank you for clarifying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JLCali said:

I recently sent communication to @gatehub asking about general security regarding the hack - haven't' heard back yet but just sent it. Any advice from people here about protecting my: name, address, phone number, tax ID number, bank account info and every other little thing anybody has to provide to have an account? Normally I would just delete everything and call it a day. Besides staring at the ALV there I can't transfer anywhere I'm hopeful Gatehub will remedy this for us all since it was their issue getting hacked - not ours. Therefore I leave my empty account open. Or Gatehub files BK and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that.

You can add the ALV trustline in a different account and move it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Personology said:

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

I agree 100%  Help those who supported you from the beginning. If not for Ripple company recommending to us Gatehub, not that many people would store their xrp at Gatehub and this hack would not be that big as it is right now. I hope Ripple will come out and do whats right, help out the victims and show their support for the community that stood by them all this years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Personology said:

I'm actually surprised on how irresponsible Ripple has been on all this.  They are one of the reasons why we are in this mess with the wallets migration.  You would think they would've stepped in by now since 22 million XRPs are nothing to them.  They are giving away millions to random organizations yet can't even lift a finger to help the community that supported them in the first place.

This would set a legal precedent in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.