yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Few years back my account was hacked and stolen 140,000 XRPs from GateHub.  Not able to recover.  We sent legal notices to Ripple and not able to recover. If you guys starting any class action lawsuit against GateHub or Ripple please let me know.  My other three friends lost 1.2 million XRP's with GATEHUB as well.

2 hours ago, nkarthi said:

Few years back my account was hacked and stolen 140,000 XRPs from GateHub.  Not able to recover.  We sent legal notices to Ripple and not able to recover. If you guys starting any class action lawsuit against GateHub or Ripple please let me know.  My other three friends lost 1.2 million XRP's with GATEHUB as well.

Is it the same way your account hacked? 

18 hours ago, mrenne said:

They allotted 112,832 shares for a total of 2,048,980 USD:

71,300 shares x 20 USD

41,532 shares x 15 USD

You mean the nominal value, which is 1,128 GBP and is only a number for the books

just saw the USD20 and USD15, i mean compensation aside these guys can't even come out with an official announcement. they are eerily quiet.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, JLCali said:

Another victim here. They made four transfers to three different addresses totaling 190,000 XRP on June 4th. In other words, they took all I had. Never considered myself rich but now I think my net worth is negative - thanks mortgage. My original account was SnapSwap and this Gatehub account is old and where I was instructed by Ripple to go back in the day. I'm not very tech savvy so never did the Ledger Nano that my friends did - wish I had a time machine. I did have 2FA, never stored my key anywhere, had a dedicated password - I did everything I could do to have it secure at Gatehub.

What's highly off is on Gatehub you can see where and by what type of device you logged in from. Every IPN, every single time you logged in. NOBODY logged into my account to transfer out the funds which leads my to believe Gatehub is responsible - I wasn't hacked, Gatehub was hacked. Sad for them but very sad for all of us that trusted Gatehub.

Went to my local police department (Southern California) and filed a report of theft. They proceeded to tell me they will not do anything (don't blame them) but to obtain the report for any class action or civil lawsuit. Hopefully Gatehub remedies this ASAP and completes indemnity to all that have suffered. 

Ripples goes down to 0. 45 but there was time it went up close to 0.49 . Bitcoin went over $11,000 today . Definitely coins are moving up . But I don’t have any ripples.  

Gatehub is still quite, what can we do ? Just waiting?

I am so regretted that I should have not supposed to use Gatehub as my XRP wallet storage. Because this is backed up by ripple and gatehub said money 100% save hence I trusted them.

Now all my XRPs are wiped out. I am waiting for official statement from Gatehub. But it looks like Gatehub keep silent without anything happened.

I just wonder if we need to file class action lawsuits. What I can do?

3 hours ago, jlripple said:

just saw the USD20 and USD15, i mean compensation aside these guys can't even come out with an official announcement. they are eerily quiet.

That's why I follow the official filings made by Gatehub, to see if there are things going on in the background.

They could increase their capital to compensate victims or pull out capital and file for bankruptcy, and anything in between.

1 hour ago, Xinchen said:

I just wonder if we need to file class action lawsuits. What I can do?

Of course victims should join forces and take legal action. You still did not do this???

17 minutes ago, dik said:

Of course victims should join forces and take legal action. You still did not do this???

I filed report with law enforcement. I don't what else I can do

Weeks have gone bye with no update from Gatehub, this is unacceptable and I feel for everyone here who lost there XRP to the hack! Enough time has passed that Gatehub will understand exactly what happened and how they plan to deal with situation. I think people who had there XRP stolen through Gatehub hack need to start Court proceedings in hopes of recovering there investment.

47 minutes ago, Xinchen said:

I filed report with law enforcement. I don't what else I can do

Join forces with fellow victims and ask a good lawyer what to to next.

Posted (edited)

I recently sent communication to @gatehub asking about general security regarding the hack - haven't' heard back yet but just sent it. Any advice from people here about protecting my: name, address, phone number, tax ID number, bank account info and every other little thing anybody has to provide to have an account? Normally I would just delete everything and call it a day. Besides staring at the ALV there I can't transfer anywhere I'm hopeful Gatehub will remedy this for us all since it was their issue getting hacked - not ours. Therefore I leave my empty account open. Or Gatehub files BK and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that.

Edited by JLCali

On 6/23/2019 at 11:52 AM, mrenne said:

They allotted 112,832 shares for a total of 2,048,980 USD:

71,300 shares x 20 USD

41,532 shares x 15 USD

You mean the nominal value, which is 1,128 GBP and is only a number for the books

Where do you see this?

19 minutes ago, JLCali said:

and everyone ever associated with that company never works in crypto or fintech again as the XRP community is strong and will see to that

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

1 minute ago, at3n said:

No need to be personally vindictive and threatening against individuals who are most likely doing their best in an awful situation, and who have, over the years, had a large part to play in positively contributing to the the XRP ecosystem. The real bad people here are the hackers; they deserve any abuse, threats and punishment that hopefully finds them one day.

Agreed and not my intention at all in those words.Thank you for clarifying.