yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

9 hours ago, tekkillah said:

XRPchat user since day 1 after migrating from Hurukan's XRPtalk years ago.
Supporting Ripple & HODLer since early 2014...
GateHub user since day 1 after enjoying RippleTrade era.
A true believer. Broken now. Broken.
My wallet is empty. All stolen.

I am devastated and I hope it will never happen to any of you. :(

@alloyxrp Any recommendation? What is this club about?

@gatehub @enej I hope you will find the people doing this, refund everyone and not do like JustCoin did years ago...

Thanks for your help.

I think I won't sleep. I just hope I'll wake up from this nightmare.

We've sent you a DM and received your email.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, superboon said:

Ok guys i will let the cat out of the bag.

This one might be even bigger than you think.

Gatehub confirmed ~18k possible compromised accounts. Its clear the hackers must have had access to the database with secretkeys.

looking at how the "hack" was performed and how they are able to launder the stolen coins with so many different accounts, its obvious he/they must be using fake Identities to pull this through.  (Exchanges all have KYC).

So we are not only talking about the theft of millions XRP but also 18k cases of possible theft of Identities, WE must assume the perpetrator(s) also had access to Gatehubs KYC database with all uploaded client documents.

tl:dr Your passport might be used to launder stolen funds!

Something to look up?????

1) @gatehub seems to know WHO of their clients are vulnerable to theft (18K so it seems?)

2) But what separates the vulnerable from those who are safe?
My son who still has a wallet with 16K on Gatehub. (I warned him of the ongoing hack but he is so busy that he still didn't find the time to put them safe :unsure:).
But he told me (just double checked it) that he did NOT receive a warning email grom Gatehub of being vulnerable to a direct theft from the hackers
But now he did receive a warning from Gatehub as potential target with phishing.
The last payment he made on XRPL was on 5th of Jan 2018 and before that he ONLY received payments from computing for good after the initial activation on 7th of Jan. 2014
For some reason (anyone knows?) he was NOT warned by Gatehub for potential hacking..... And they do have him in their records because he was warned for the phishing

On 6/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, superboon said:

Exchanges all have KYC

Binance lets you transfer 2BTC every day without KYC. Just set up more accounts if you need higher KYC-free bandwidth.

But nevertheless, if Gatehubs KYC databases have been compromised, and these documents were not encrypted by these "backed by Chris Larsen" amateurs, then that's the end of this company. And some bad publicity spotlight on Ripple, which will be well deserved.

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Something to look up?????

1) @gatehub seems to know WHO of their clients are vulnerable to theft (18K so it seems?)

2) But what separates the vulnerable from those who are safe?
My son who still has a wallet with 16K on Gatehub. (I warned him of the ongoing hack but he is so busy that he still didn't find the time to put them safe :unsure:).
But he told me (just double checked it) that he did NOT receive a warning email grom Gatehub of being vulnerable to a direct theft from the hackers
But now he did receive a warning from Gatehub as potential target with phishing.
The last payment he made on XRPL was on 5th of Jan 2018 and before that he ONLY received payments from computing for good after the initial activation on 7th of Jan. 2014
For some reason (anyone knows?) he was NOT warned by Gatehub for potential hacking..... And they do have him in their records because he was warned for the phishing

I did NOT receive  the phishing email or an email that my account was vulnerable. My account was hacked and drained.  I had always received the new device confirmation email and the Gatehub support email.  I did question this false sense of security they were giving to account holders telling them if they did not receive an email there was no reason to suspect their account was threatened.   I pointed this out on  my support ticket.  

Honestly I am starting to lose patience.  3 years with Gatehub. Wallet created in June 2016.

Same here. On Gatehub for 4+ years. Just got their e-mail today about warning/phishing and stuff...

What's the point to do it after the theft? :fool:
Is this some way to pretend they've warned everyone & protect themselves?

@Jillian I feel you. Good luck. Really tough times.

I think about all the people who didn't realize yet... It hurts so much.

3 minutes ago, tekkillah said:

Same here. On Gatehub for 4+ years. Just got their e-mail today about warning/phishing and stuff...

What's the point to do it after the theft? :fool:
Is this some way to pretend they've warned everyone & protect themselves?

@Jillian I feel you. Good luck. Really tough times.

I think about all the people who didn't realize yet... It hurts so much.

Thank you. Think positive don't give up hope.  I hate that this happened.  All we can do is see how this unfolds in the next  few weeks. Hopefully Gatehub will keep us posted as to the amounts that the exchanges were able to freeze. I will not let this fade away. I lost too much money.  I would suggest documenting and take screen shots of all your activity logs on your account.   Were you able to file a police report ?  I am in the US and filed a complaint with https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and a police report too.

5 minutes ago, Jillian said:

Thank you. Think positive don't give up hope.  I hate that this happened.  All we can do is see how this unfolds in the next  few weeks. Hopefully Gatehub will keep us posted as to the amounts that the exchanges were able to freeze. I will not let this fade away. I lost too much money.  I would suggest documenting and take screen shots of all your activity logs on your account.   Were you able to file a police report ?  I am in the US and filed a complaint with https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and a police report too.

Thanks I'll try my best. It's really hard though. I am preparing a detailed report and will go to the police asap.
I thought it was useless. I did not know what to do exactly but have a better idea thanks to @Silkjaer @Bitrookie007 @alloyxrp

This message is for any lurker reading this and silent victims : file a police report even if you lost hope. It might help you/someone in the future. Good luck!

Enej 

is a thief, he directly stole from me after asking him directly for help in july 2017 ....  I have all the communication I had with him.. I did migrate my ripple accounts and those did not have any problem, then from one of those migrated account I did transfer to a new ripple account I created ( Thats what I thought) in the gatehub Platform, it was already pre created ripple account by them with that account that exist since 2014 ( they have the private keys) I did not know that ... but when I transferred my XRP to this new account , the wallet said VAULT wallet ( and I couldnt transfer back my XRP to one of my migrated ripplet wallet) then I asked for help and he answer backed it is unlocked and now you are able to transfer your remain balance of 30 XRP ( I had 300,000 XRP) in that wallet ( you can see all the transactions they made to dissappear the xrp in one day) , all their answers were ******** and even told me to filled a form with the police so he can share more information about my account),, he is a thief and he is going to jail for sure... I told him many times to transfer back my XRP and he did not  now he is going to pay the price...on jail...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jillian said:

Yeah we won't sit quiet. Let's wait for further announcement from Gatehub then we act. 

Gatehub investigation is taking forever!!! 

Edited by jlripple

Three weeks down the line still no update from @gatehub for the victims. 

To me it looks like stalling giving statement for the victims etc. since they have power to do so. Not everyone that was affected have reported this issue with LEA hence the traction or progress will take ages and I doubt authorities will help as crypto is still unregulated.