Jump to content
yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mrenne said:

I have informed Binance support as it is happening right now. Funds are moved into Binance account with destination tag 109342283 in smaller pieces. Let's hope they can react quickly and at least freeze some of those, just like ChangeNOW did. 

Saw that, they moved 190950 to Binance. Speed is a double edge sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, pucksterpete said:

Drag others in, r u serious?

Yes. If others want to offer assistance, let it be by their own accord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XRPchat user since day 1 after migrating from Hurukan's XRPtalk years ago.
Supporting Ripple & HODLer since early 2014...
GateHub user since day 1 after enjoying RippleTrade era.
A true believer. Broken now. Broken.
My wallet is empty. All stolen.

I am devastated and I hope it will never happen to any of you. :(

@alloyxrp Any recommendation? What is this club about?

@gatehub @enej I hope you will find the people doing this, refund everyone and not do like JustCoin did years ago...

Thanks for your help.

I think I won't sleep. I just hope I'll wake up from this nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ___JH___ said:

Let's hope Binance can stop this portion of stolen XRP's !!

 

image.png.1c3c37bf83975758e748f25fa03fcc2a.png

Yeah they are on it, they have been informed while it was ongoing so now they have to prove they can act as quickly as ChangeNOW.

CZ openly congratulated them for their quick actions, now it's his turn to act. FWIW I received a reply immediately from Binance support when I informed them so they were very reactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The criminals are using so many exchanges to launder the stolen funds, they just HAVE to make a mistake and leave traces at some point!

With the whole crypto world watching them I don't think they are cashing out, they will try to get in other, more shady cryptos though.

Edited by mrenne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok guys i will let the cat out of the bag.

This one might be even bigger than you think.

Gatehub confirmed ~18k possible compromised accounts. Its clear the hackers must have had access to the database with secretkeys.

looking at how the "hack" was performed and how they are able to launder the stolen coins with so many different accounts, its obvious he/they must be using fake Identities to pull this through.  (Exchanges all have KYC).

So we are not only talking about the theft of millions XRP but also 18k cases of possible theft of Identities, WE must assume the perpetrator(s) also had access to Gatehubs KYC database with all uploaded client documents.

 

tl:dr Your passport might be used to launder stolen funds!

 

 

 

Edited by superboon
tldr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Geekluca said:

Where is @gatehub in all this? 

Dear community,

 

We are in contact with all exchanges involved and are working together with law enforcement to freeze the transactions.

Due to an ongoing investigation and  security reasons we can not share any more information. 

 

We would like to thank all exchanges for their cooperation. 

 

GateHub Team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gatehub said:

Dear community,

 

We are in contact with all exchanges involved and are working together with law enforcement to freeze the transactions.

Due to an ongoing investigation and  security reasons we can not share any more information. 

 

We would like to thank all exchanges for their cooperation. 

 

GateHub Team

Do you get cooperation and active support or help from @Ripple as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, superboon said:

Ok guys i will let the cat out of the bag.

This one might be even bigger than you think.

Gatehub confirmed ~18k possible compromised accounts. Its clear the hackers must have had access to the database with secretkeys.

looking at how the "hack" was performed and how they are able to launder the stolen coins with so many different accounts, its obvious he/they must be using fake Identities to pull this through.  (Exchanges all have KYC).

So we are not only talking about the theft of millions XRP but also 18k cases of possible theft of Identities, WE must assume the perpetrator(s) also had access to Gatehubs KYC database with all uploaded client documents.

 

tl:dr Your passport might be used to launder stolen funds!

 

 

 

No wonder gatehub is keeping quiet about their findings. This is atrocious. Imagine the damage done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jlripple said:

No wonder gatehub is keeping quiet about their findings. This is atrocious. Imagine the damage done. 

this is why it will be hard to find the real people behind the scenes. I dont want to imagine innocent Gatehub customers being accused of money laundering or theft whilst the real criminals can feel safe opening accounts with stolen  IDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, superboon said:

So we are not only talking about the theft of millions XRP but also 18k cases of possible theft of Identities, WE must assume the perpetrator(s) also had access to Gatehubs KYC database with all uploaded client documents.

I would not go that far, this is quite a heavy assumption you are making here.

What sense does it make to verify accounts with stolen ID's? It is much easier to fake passports. And some services don't even require KYC information if you don't want to withdraw fiat to a bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...