a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

4 hours ago, gatehub said:

Due to phishing attempts, we conducted a timeline of our public correspondence during the recent occurrence. If you received anything outside these dates or you are not sure of its authenticity please contact our support.

See the timeline here: https://support.gatehub.net/hc/en-us/articles/360024622613-Users-correspondence-timeline

And when you payback the victims? I can't see that in the timeline.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

On 6/4/2019 at 9:48 PM, pvap said:

The only way to decrypt it is through the use of your password, with some unknown algorithm

Not really, their encryption and decryption is in public JS source. All the required params to decrypt are in their database and your session after logging in.

When unpacked it looks like this:

image.png.a27b3c4dde41d3f7001d66e29971ce9a.png

36 minutes ago, xrptipbot said:

Not really, their encryption and decryption is in public JS source. All the required params to decrypt are in their database and your session after logging in.

So Wiest Wind what do you think they should do about fixing it?

13 hours ago, xrptipbot said:

Nice single point of failure from the security perspective. Never store all required information for encryption in one place.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, mrenne said:

Let's hope the criminals can be seized before they manage to move out that amount as well.

I am talking about following wallets:

rJpKe5rbjgzzGJc1wm1xqKj6j4UjBQ6s48
rGSWKo2oiJnJiPEoHvDZTK2XG7RtE62Cbh
r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k
rMcqiWXMJEAEMXaFFgnjeuASwAMmef8B8c

They are draining the accounts!

First one is empty now, they are working on the 3rd one. Moving lots to Binance through many different accounts and in smaller pieces. 

XRP is so fast you can't do anything to stop it :(

I have informed Binance support as it is happening right now. Funds are moved into Binance account with destination tag 109342283 in smaller pieces. Let's hope they can react quickly and at least freeze some of those, just like ChangeNOW did. 

Edited by mrenne
1 hour ago, mrenne said:

I have informed Binance support as it is happening right now. Funds are moved into Binance account with destination tag 109342283 in smaller pieces. Let's hope they can react quickly and at least freeze some of those, just like ChangeNOW did. 

Saw that, they moved 190950 to Binance. Speed is a double edge sword.

XRPchat user since day 1 after migrating from Hurukan's XRPtalk years ago.
Supporting Ripple & HODLer since early 2014...
GateHub user since day 1 after enjoying RippleTrade era.
A true believer. Broken now. Broken.
My wallet is empty. All stolen.

I am devastated and I hope it will never happen to any of you. :(

@alloyxrp Any recommendation? What is this club about?

@gatehub @enej I hope you will find the people doing this, refund everyone and not do like JustCoin did years ago...

Thanks for your help.

I think I won't sleep. I just hope I'll wake up from this nightmare.