a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

54 minutes ago, kanaas said:

More important is to catch the hacker. That’s the first and most wanted target to go after in the first place.@gatehub is, besides us, a victim too. Once the thieves are behind bars and/or the hacking stops one can talk about responsibility and compensation. Not now (not yet)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Not at all. First, when you find out you are wrong and guilty, you protect and refund your customers. Then... you fix the problem. It’s about having a customer oriented mindset. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

Not at all. First, when you find out you are wrong and guilty, you protect and refund your customers. Then... you fix the problem. It’s about having a customer oriented mindset. 

I understand, but as long as it is not 100% clear that the hole was on their site they will not compensate. Also: who to compensate? All who claim? What about unclaimed? What about some still to become a victim (the hack goes on...)? What about those who didnt take action soon enough after the warning?
Lots of q to find the right answers first...
29 minutes ago, Geekluca said:

Yes, that's how they put it in their initial findings. 

Our users are our highest priority.

Now actions speak louder than words. Please do something for your users. 

They can set up a fund for people who don't claim now claim later. 

Gatehub offered a service to host wallet. Wallet is money. And it's a big responsibility. 

And ripple sort of believe gatehub can do it. That's why I came here. 

Look at coincheck, bithumb, bitstamp, binance and many others they admit the hack refunded the customers no question asked. 

Edited by jlripple

Still no news fro GH on the thefts...but another thought...they charged us all commission on transferring out our XRP during the theft and then more for moving to safety the remaining XRP...so Gatehub have profited twice from allowing our wallets to be hacked...I have emailed them demanding that at least their commission for allowing the theft is returned...how can they morally take commission on transactions made by a thief and then for making a customer move XRP because of their failings?

4 minutes ago, axi5070 said:

Still no news fro GH on the thefts...but another thought...they charged us all commission on transferring out our XRP during the theft and then more for moving to safety the remaining XRP...so Gatehub have profited twice from allowing our wallets to be hacked...I have emailed them demanding that at least their commission for allowing the theft is returned...how can they morally take commission on transactions made by a thief and then for making a customer move XRP because of their failings?

No commissions. All fees on XRPL is burned. Gatehub is not earning a penny on that …

5 minutes ago, axi5070 said:

Is it ripple fee? 

5 hours ago, jlripple said:

Is it ripple fee? 

If you are talking about the 12 drops transaction fee, then yes, this is the fee you pay for using the network and to prevent abuse of the network. 

And it is not a commission, nobody gets it, it just gets burned.

so this was the last straw. I freaked out by this gatehub news, took my small # of coins out and put it on a flimsy nano s. can't say I feel way better but a bit better i'd say...

BTW, my gatehub funds were not affected by this but I have noticed almost each login I get a "non auth device detected" even though I logged in a day before using the same pc. I assumed its a more strict security meassure taken by gatehub but the phsycological effect on me is quite the oposite. just makes me think they are currently unable to handle what happend and are panicking.

I really like gatehub, they were my favorite with one of the best, good looking UXs. hope everything settles down somehow and funds are returned (somehow).

Edited by gkatz
30 minutes ago, Silkjaer said:

If anyone has received an e-mail, "Critical Security Warning / Action Required - New Secured Wallets", please forward it for review to info@xrpforensics.org. Do not follow e-mail instructions.

Is that supposed to be sent to all victims if so then I haven’t received any new email from @gatehub.

We have had reports that some people are receiving phishing e-mails with an e-mail that contains new wallet information that @gatehub supposedly has created to move funds to safety. The e-mail contain a new address AND secret key for the user and instructions on how to import it to Gatehub.

If you receive an e-mail with a secret key, or matching the description above, it is NOT from Gatehub, but a phishing attempt.

If you have a copy of said e-mail, please forward it to info@xrpforensics.org.

7 minutes ago, Silkjaer said:

We have had reports that some people are receiving phishing e-mails with an e-mail that contains new wallet information that @gatehub supposedly has created to move funds to safety. The e-mail contain a new address AND secret key for the user and instructions on how to import it to Gatehub.

If you receive an e-mail with a secret key, or matching the description above, it is NOT from Gatehub, but a phishing attempt.

If you have a copy of said e-mail, please forward it to info@xrpforensics.org.

Please forward it with full headers - information will be kept confidential.

1 hour ago, Silkjaer said:

If anyone has received an e-mail, "Critical Security Warning / Action Required - New Secured Wallets", please forward it for review to info@xrpforensics.org. Do not follow e-mail instructions.

To be clear: these are NOT the warning emails like we received from Gatehub?