Jump to content

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k


yxxyun
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fluxw42 said:

It doesn't look like they used Gatehub to transfer the money. Gatehub normally stores a memo but their transaction is clean, there's no additional info there. So my guess is that while stealing the funds, they probably connected to one of the public rippled servers to submit their transaction. If there are logs, you could get an IP for the fraudulent transactions. If they used their own rippled instance, maybe it's possible to see which IP proposed the transaction first?

If they had access to their access token by compromising the db then they would have used GH's API (since the access token is only valid within GH) and that should be in their logs. If GH has no entries in the logs that would indicate that they had the secret key and that would have allowed them to use the ripple ledger directly.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, crypto2libertas said:

If they had access to their access token by compromising the db then they would have used GH's API (since the access token is only valid within GH) and that should be in their logs. If GH has no entries in the logs that would indicate that they had the secret key and that would have allowed them to use the ripple ledger directly.

 

 

 

 

 

but the secret keys are encrypted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crypto2libertas said:

correct so they must have some data in their log files then :)

the access token was disabled 1st June but wallets still draining.

most likely the thieves got hold of the public and secret keys. but how on earth do they manage to decrypt 178 keys in such a short time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jlripple said:

they need to announce publicly their investigations, now news yet

Good point @jlripple. I if I remember correctly, you were one of the first to share that you are one of the victims....

I am assuming you are one of the chat members in the privately coordinated sub-chat...

I know you were a bit frazzled judging by your first post here (and understandably)... do you feel any better now after communicating within the private chat?

Or do you have an equal or less pessimistic stance?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Good point @jlripple. I if I remember correctly, you were one of the first to share that you are one of the victims....

I am assuming you are one of the chat members in the privately coordinated sub-chat...

I know you were a bit frazzled judging by your first post here (and understandably)... do you feel any better now after communicating within the private chat?

Or do you have an equal or less pessimistic stance?

 

i try not to think too much about it, really hurts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jlripple said:

i try not to think too much about it, really hurts.

 

Understood. I could only imagine the anguish if I lost over 80,000 xrp... but I personally feel confident that the victims will have their fraudulently diminished   XRP repatriated... media has been notified and I'm certain those of Ripple are aware... I know you are hurting, but hope that gives some amount of solace... keep your chin up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crypto2libertas said:

Don't think they have the funds to refund the victims to be honest but I'm more than happy to be wrong

They don't, at least not without additional capital. This case is going to take them down if the shareholders don't step in.

That's one of the differences with Binance, they had their SAFU fund.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We (victims) should keep the pressure high on [mention=163]gatehub[/mention]. This post should should NOT cool down. 
Binance refunded the victims within a week. These guys didn’t even admit responsability yet. Shame on you gatehub. 

More important is to catch the hacker. That’s the first and most wanted target to go after in the first place.@gatehub is, besides us, a victim too. Once the thieves are behind bars and/or the hacking stops one can talk about responsibility and compensation. Not now (not yet)


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kanaas said:


More important is to catch the hacker. That’s the first and most wanted target to go after in the first place.@gatehub is, besides us, a victim too. Once the thieves are behind bars and/or the hacking stops one can talk about responsibility and compensation. Not now (not yet)


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Let's wait for gatehub to come out with their findings. Every respectable hacked crypto exchange made an effort to compensate their customers first then chase the hackers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.