a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

I feel sorry for all of those affected by the hack.

EVERYBODY GET YOUR FUNDS OFF GATEHUB!

IT IS STILL NOT SAFE!!!!

You can write as large as you want but it's only going to be seen in this thread. 

@gatehub This message needs to be on the Gatehub homepage and emailed to all gatehub account holders, not just those you believe are affected. 

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, LordVetinari said:

You can write as large as you want but it's only going to be seen in this thread. 

@gatehub This message needs to be on the Gatehub homepage and emailed to all gatehub account holders. 

:sad:  You're right.

I agree that @gatehub ought to post this on their homepage and email ALL of their account holders. This attack is still on-going and people need to be aware.

26 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

The attack is still ongoing. This is a payment from yesterday.

Yes that's what GateHub confirmed as well... they have found 18,000 potentially hacked accounts of which 5,000 had an XRP balance. This can go on for months until all 5,000 accounts are drained 😫

As long as there are possibilities for the criminal(s) to launder the stolen money, they will continue.

The question is, are really only those 18,000 accounts at risk or the others as well?

2 hours ago, Bitrookie007 said:

@bartopel & @krijgerxrp, zie mijn onderstaande post voor de stappen die je het beste kan ondernemen. Indien je verdere vragen hebt, neem gerust contact op. (Kan meest specifiek info voor België zelf geven gezien ik daar werkzaam ben binnen de politie).

Hallo,

Heb gisteren een mail gestuurd naar de lokale politie maar tot op heden nog niks gehoord.

@bartopel, gezien het verlengde weekend zal je waarschijnlijk geen reply krijgen voor dinsdagmorgen. De publiek beschikbare e-mailadressen zijn er enkel op gericht informatie te verstrekken. Gezien je slachtoffer geworden bent van informaticafraude dien je sowieso ten burele te gaan om een aangifte te kunnen doen. Dit kan niet per mail verlopen gezien je oa een verklaring dient te ondertekenen. Stuur me gerust een privebericht voor verdere informatie gezien dit een Engelstalig forum is.

English:
Bartopel, since there is a longer weekend because of a public holiday, you won't get a reply to your e-mail before Tuesday morning. The mailaddresses know to the public are just for providing information. Since you are a victim of ICT-fraud, you have to go to the office in person and file a complaint. You can't file your report by mail since you have to sign a declaration. Send me a DM for further information since the language here is English.

Edited by Bitrookie007
English below
3 hours ago, Hero_Member said:

The attack is still ongoing. This is a payment from yesterday. I have not seen the address in the overview yet... @Silkjaer

TX HASH: 95A2CAFCE8BD2CE6B2D9EC4038078F19997E4021E36B026FA65F2FAE043FFEAF

I just checked up, and it appears to be non-related to the Gatehub attack. Still tragic though!

Do we have any additional information regarding why certain Gatehub wallets were hacked (or able to be hacked) and others not?

It seems like many of the accounts were migrated from RippleTrade to Gatehub.  Is that the case with all hacked accounts?

Gatehub offers a "master key" option for customers to get into the account (I believe it's for when the customer forgets the password or when the customer can't get into the account because the customer switches phones and forgets to properly transition 2FA over to the new phone).  Did all the hacked accounts have a master key which enabled entry into the accounts?

I would think that by now Gatehub would have a pretty good idea of which features or circumstances are the same for the hacked wallets, but Gatehub doesn't seem to be sharing this information with its customers and the community.

2 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

Do we have any additional information regarding why certain Gatehub wallets were hacked (or able to be hacked) and others not?

It seems like many of the accounts were migrated from RippleTrade to Gatehub.  Is that the case with all hacked accounts?

Gatehub offers a "master key" option for customers to get into the account (I believe it's for when the customer forgets the password or when the customer can't get into the account because the customer switches phones and forgets to properly transition 2FA over to the new phone).  Did all the hacked accounts have a master key which enabled entry into the accounts?

I would think that by now Gatehub would have a pretty good idea of which features or circumstances are the same for the hacked wallets, but Gatehub doesn't seem to be sharing this information with its customers and the community.

I would hope there's a reason for this behind the scenes and that everyone is fully compensated eventually.