yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

2 minutes ago, faz said:

so because you dont know much its probably best if you keep your mouth shut . kind regards faz.

That's exactly why I deleted my post, when I saw (too late) that I was reacting to a post by you.

Maybe you could be a little more respectful, this is a public forum, nobody needs to keep their mouth shut. If you don't understand that, you are in the wrong place.

I am trying to offer my personal views here, based on my own experience and background in both legal and financial. And as someone that is not a victim, I am trying to take the emotions away and bring the discussion to a factual level. I understand the emotions perfectly, but they don't bring anything in the discussions about how to proceed best.

1 minute ago, superboon said:

Any news about tracking the lost funds? How about IP logs from hitbtc or where ever the coins went.

The exchanges have been contacted by GateHub and they are investigating accounts, destination tags, IP addresses, KYC information and so on.

However, they are not going to communicate about it to us, GateHub or Ripple. They will only deal with police/court when asked, so don't expect exchanges to communicate openly about it.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hero_Member said:

Hi, the payment is missing a deposit tag, so HitBTC can not link it to an internal account. Most of the time, they wait till someone comes and claims the XRP, and it will be send back to you. HitBTC can be slow, so i hope they cooperate. But you better wait for them to send the XRP until you rekeyed your account!

The transactions seem to be identical to the hackers, no Gatehub in memo fields, 12 drops used. So it could be playing and learning before they found an effective way to drain the XRP balances. If it is them, they sure do not look experienced in the XRP ledger...

If you manage to get your funds back, you are the first, but also the luckiest...

HI @Hero_Member

The response from hitBTC:

Thank you for clearing it up.

In this case, this situaion needs legal authorities involvement. We have noted your message. Please contact the local police and explain to them what happened. As soon as the police contacts us we will be glad to cooperate with them. They can reach us legal@hitbtc.com.

Regards,
HitBTC Support Team

I don't know why they don't send my XRP back if I said them to look at the TX HASH becasuse there were no destination tag...

They say I need to go to the police...

Doy you think there's a fastest way to make them understand it was a transaction made without my authorization?

Thanks,

Edited by raulnavarro

7 minutes ago, raulnavarro said:

HI @Hero_Member

The response from hitBTC:

Thank you for clearing it up.

In this case, this situaion needs legal authorities involvement. We have noted your message. Please contact the local police and explain to them what happened. As soon as the police contacts us we will be glad to cooperate with them. They can reach us legal@hitbtc.com.

Regards,
HitBTC Support Team

I don't know why they don't send my XRP back if I said them to look at the TX HASH becasuse there were no destination tag...

They say I need to go to the police...

Doy you think there's a fastest way to make them understand it was a transaction made without my authorization?

Thanks,

Well, as they said; contact the police and file a report. Join the hacked accounts club here and maybe ask their help to communicate to Gatehub Hitbtc. Once all dust settles, you could probably get your XRP back, so still count yourself lucky..

Edited by Hero_Member

Asking for a friend - Would creating a new ripple wallet on Gatehub, transfer remaining fund there, and then removing the wallet from the site safe?  He's following the GB email suggestion but want to be sure that's the correct way of doing it.  Thanks.  

1 minute ago, Personology said:

Asking for a friend - Would creating a new ripple wallet on Gatehub, transfer remaining fund there, and then removing the wallet from the site safe?  He's following the GB email suggestion but want to be sure that's the correct way of doing it.  Thanks.  

I would not recommend until its crystal clear what happened at gatehub. Create a new account outside Gatehub and transfer there. If you need some time to find out how to do it, transfer to your hosted Gatehub wallet first, and then to the new wallet (a bit) later

5 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

I would not recommend until its crystal clear what happened at gatehub. Create a new account outside Gatehub and transfer there. If you need some time to find out how to do it, transfer to your hosted Gatehub wallet first, and then to the new wallet (a bit) later

Toastwallet.com is legit right?  I'm terrified of screwing him over since he already got screwed.  

5 minutes ago, Personology said:

Toastwallet.com is legit right?  I'm terrified of screwing him over since he already got screwed.  

I think so... but i am no expert... To create xrp wallets, Bithomp and Wietse have some fine tools. Just read here and you find the info..

9 minutes ago, Personology said:

It is legit, i have used it, no problems so far.