Jump to content

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k


Recommended Posts

On 6/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hero_Member said:

Hi, the payment is missing a deposit tag, so HitBTC can not link it to an internal account. Most of the time, they wait till someone comes and claims the XRP, and it will be send back to you. HitBTC can be slow, so i hope they cooperate. But you better wait for them to send the XRP until you rekeyed your account!

The transactions seem to be identical to the hackers, no Gatehub in memo fields, 12 drops used. So it could be playing and learning before they found an effective way to drain the XRP balances. If it is them, they sure do not look experienced in the XRP ledger...

If you manage to get your funds back, you are the first, but also the luckiest...

HI @Hero_Member

The response from hitBTC:

 

Thank you for clearing it up.

In this case, this situaion needs legal authorities involvement. We have noted your message. Please contact the local police and explain to them what happened. As soon as the police contacts us we will be glad to cooperate with them. They can reach us legal@hitbtc.com.

Regards,
HitBTC Support Team

 

I don't know why they don't send my XRP back if I said them to look at the TX HASH becasuse there were no destination tag...

They say I need to go to the police...

Doy you think there's a fastest way to make them understand it was a transaction made without my authorization?

 

Thanks,

Edited by raulnavarro
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, raulnavarro said:

HI @Hero_Member

The response from hitBTC:

 

Thank you for clearing it up.

In this case, this situaion needs legal authorities involvement. We have noted your message. Please contact the local police and explain to them what happened. As soon as the police contacts us we will be glad to cooperate with them. They can reach us legal@hitbtc.com.

Regards,
HitBTC Support Team

 

I don't know why they don't send my XRP back if I said them to look at the TX HASH becasuse there were no destination tag...

They say I need to go to the police...

Doy you think there's a fastest way to make them understand it was a transaction made without my authorization?

 

Thanks,

Well, as they said; contact the police and file a report. Join the hacked accounts club here and maybe ask their help to communicate to Gatehub Hitbtc. Once all dust settles, you could probably get your XRP back, so still count yourself lucky..

Edited by Hero_Member
Link to post
Share on other sites

Asking for a friend - Would creating a new ripple wallet on Gatehub, transfer remaining fund there, and then removing the wallet from the site safe?  He's following the GB email suggestion but want to be sure that's the correct way of doing it.  Thanks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Personology said:

Asking for a friend - Would creating a new ripple wallet on Gatehub, transfer remaining fund there, and then removing the wallet from the site safe?  He's following the GB email suggestion but want to be sure that's the correct way of doing it.  Thanks.  

I would not recommend until its crystal clear what happened at gatehub. Create a new account outside Gatehub and transfer there. If you need some time to find out how to do it, transfer to your hosted Gatehub wallet first, and then to the new wallet (a bit) later

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

I would not recommend until its crystal clear what happened at gatehub. Create a new account outside Gatehub and transfer there. If you need some time to find out how to do it, transfer to your hosted Gatehub wallet first, and then to the new wallet (a bit) later

Toastwallet.com is legit right?  I'm terrified of screwing him over since he already got screwed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Personology said:

Toastwallet.com is legit right?  I'm terrified of screwing him over since he already got screwed.  

I think so... but i am no expert... To create xrp wallets, Bithomp and Wietse have some fine tools. Just read here and you find the info..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Personology said:

Toastwallet.com is legit right?  I'm terrified of screwing him over since he already got screwed.  

With toast wallet your passphrase (what encrypts your secret key) is only stored on your device where you've set up your toast wallet - it is never sent to any external servers... And it's open source, everyone can look into their source code

When you keep your device where toast is set up offline it's as secure as the ledger nano s imo

Important when setting up, write down your wallet address and secret key on paper and store it in a safe place - when your device gets lost or doesn't work any more you still have access to your xrp with your paper wallet

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wookie said:

Has anyone vetted the harbor xrp wallet for cold storage: https://www.secureblockchains.com/harbor-xrp-wallet/

Just use https://bithomp.com/create/  offline, create a new XRP address and move your XRP to the new address.

You can import your secret key into Toast or Harbor wallet later for access.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.