yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

10 minutes ago, Bitrookie007 said:

4. Define the exact amount of your loss in your local currency. (at the exact time the xrp were stolen).

This is also important because in some countries (I can only speak on behalf of the US) you can write off those thefts as losses on your taxes. It certainly wouldn't make you whole again, but getting a slight tax break (likely over multiple years depending on the quantity lost) is better than absolutely nothing.

13 minutes ago, Bitrookie007 said:

I hope my English is good enough for everyone to understand what I mean. I apologize in advance for any mistakes or words used in a wrong context since my mother tongue is Dutch.

Everything was actually very clear throughout the entire list. I wouldn't have guessed English wasn't your first language. So, very good =).

8 minutes ago, raulnavarro said:

Is there any place where I can import the wallet and make a transaction using the new Regular Key?

Refer to Warbler’s post towards end of page 36 - you can use his Bithomp Tools to do exactly that. Online at: https://bithomp.github.io/bithomp-tools/

but even better if you can download this (link to download is on page above too), put on USB stick and perform required signing actions on an offline computer.  You can then submit the signed transaction by taking the signed transaction it gives you to an online computer and submitting it to Bithomp.com as well (select the submit transaction option)

Unfortunately I have also had my account hacked.  Words can not describe how painful this is. I am sick to my stomach over this.   I changed my email, use 2fa and changed my password. this wallet had been created in 2016.  I am wondering if Gatehub is trying to push the blame on the wallet holders?

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

@JillianIf you are comfortable sharing more information, there is a private club set up on XRPChat for victims of this hack. @Silkjaer or @alloyxrp can arrange invites for you.

Thank you so much. I just sent a request to him.  I am so upset I can't even think straight.

51 minutes ago, Jillian said:

Thank you so much. I just sent a request to him.  I am so upset I can't even think straight.

Yes, this is extremely distressing but there are some great people who have already stepped in to help. For now, it's a matter of gathering facts, reporting to your LEA and making sure everyone is securing their accounts, wallets and remaining funds. 

2 hours ago, Jillian said:

Unfortunately I have also had my account hacked.  Words can not describe how painful this is. I am sick to my stomach over this.   I changed my email, use 2fa and changed my password. this wallet had been created in 2016.  I am wondering if Gatehub is trying to push the blame on the wallet holders?

That’s what they tried to do since the beginning. Terrible attitude. 

Binance approached the same problem with complete different class. No matter how things will go, even if I will get my money back, I am done with gatehub. 

Posted (edited)

What I find interesting is how many people don't understand the vulnerabilities associated with SMS 2FA. It can reduce your overall level of security (on multiple levels). SMS is not encrypted! Aside from intercepting the non encrypted messages,  if the hacker knows your name/number they can also attempt to take control of your sim through the carrier for a direct intercept.

*If GH insinuates that because a users' 2FA wasn't enabled and they didn't take the required security measures to ensure the safety of their account, I would say bullocks to them. there is a legitimate legal argument for not enabling it- (I understand this may not have been their attack vector)

*Some of the communications from GH shared by others are appalling. @lucky had it right back in 2016...

Edited by PhiGuy

My account was hacked on Gatehub. I hoping Gatehub will take care of this. If anyone else got hacked please connect for any other future legal actions. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-nearly-10-million-in-xrp-stolen-in-gatehub-hack

1 hour ago, Geekluca said:

That’s what they tried to do since the beginning. Terrible attitude. 

Binance approached the same problem with complete different class. No matter how things will go, even if I will get my money back, I am done with gatehub. 

Just give me back my XRP!!!