a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

Another victim here. They made four transfers to three different addresses totaling 190,000 XRP on June 4th. In other words, they took all I had. Never considered myself rich but now I think my net worth is negative - thanks mortgage. My original account was SnapSwap and this Gatehub account is old and where I was instructed by Ripple to go back in the day. I'm not very tech savvy so never did the Ledger Nano that my friends did - wish I had a time machine. I did have 2FA, never stored my key anywhere, had a dedicated password - I did everything I could do to have it secure at Gatehub.

What's highly off is on Gatehub you can see where and by what type of device you logged in from. Every IPN, every single time you logged in. NOBODY logged into my account to transfer out the funds which leads my to believe Gatehub is responsible - I wasn't hacked, Gatehub was hacked. Sad for them but very sad for all of us that trusted Gatehub.

Went to my local police department (Southern California) and filed a report of theft. They proceeded to tell me they will not do anything (don't blame them) but to obtain the report for any class action or civil lawsuit. Hopefully Gatehub remedies this ASAP and completes indemnity to all that have suffered. 

2 hours ago, JLCali said:

Another victim here. They made four transfers to three different addresses totaling 190,000 XRP on June 4th. In other words, they took all I had. Never considered myself rich but now I think my net worth is negative - thanks mortgage. My original account was SnapSwap and this Gatehub account is old and where I was instructed by Ripple to go back in the day. I'm not very tech savvy so never did the Ledger Nano that my friends did - wish I had a time machine. I did have 2FA, never stored my key anywhere, had a dedicated password - I did everything I could do to have it secure at Gatehub.

What's highly off is on Gatehub you can see where and by what type of device you logged in from. Every IPN, every single time you logged in. NOBODY logged into my account to transfer out the funds which leads my to believe Gatehub is responsible - I wasn't hacked, Gatehub was hacked. Sad for them but very sad for all of us that trusted Gatehub.

Went to my local police department (Southern California) and filed a report of theft. They proceeded to tell me they will not do anything (don't blame them) but to obtain the report for any class action or civil lawsuit. Hopefully Gatehub remedies this ASAP and completes indemnity to all that have suffered. 

I have invited you to the victim club. If you are willing to share your addresses and police report reference number in a DM i would like to add you to our internal overview so we can keep taps on how many victims we have united here. 

I sent Gatehub the following message in a PM. Their reply is below. I am posting it as it seems to imply that they have a handle on the situation. Hope i'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My account hasn't been affected (yet!). I have not received an email from Gatehub. Should I be worried? Are my funds now safe?"

gatehub 306

Replied: 2 hours ago

Hey, thank you for reaching out. If you have not received an email from us, then we have no reason to believe your account was compromised or will be compromised

30 minutes ago, Silkjaer said:

I have invited you to the victim club. If you are willing to share your addresses and police report reference number in a DM i would like to add you to our internal overview so we can keep taps on how many victims we have united here. 

Police report will be tangible soon, I filed yesterday so they gave me a case number and asked me to come back when they finish the report.

Here are the addresses that took my XRP:

1) rpfcbzdZZSWdB5EWDGcQvD5ycFhM6jdhpZ received 62,000 then a second transfer of 4,000

2) rHvWywQiexNeCLWTa9dBjHTMAtt6tPN7Z1 received 62,000

3) rMcqiWXMJEAEMXaFFgnjeuASwAMmef8B8c received 62,000

27 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

I sent Gatehub the following message in a PM. Their reply is below. I am posting it as it seems to imply that they have a handle on the situation. Hope i'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to incite fear if they do actually have a handle on things, but I wouldn't assume that everything is safe until we have an official statement from GateHub on what they definitely know. It's still pretty advised to move the funds off if they're anything significant (honestly, probably anything over a few hundred is worth safeguarding). The peace of mind alone should be worth it.

31 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Hey, thank you for reaching out. If you have not received an email from us, then we have no reason to believe your account was compromised or will be compromised

My concern with this kind of statement is that it isn't a "we can guarantee you're not at risk". We've seen the list of people expanding beyond what was initially thought, so it seems like there may be more at risk that haven't been affected just yet.

5 hours ago, Hero_Member said:

Yeah, just leave it like that. Do not enter the new key in Gatehub. Your transactions will still be visible, you just cannot trade anymore with the old key that is stored there

HI @Hero_Member

Sorry for my ignorance about this... but now how can I send XRP to another wallet? 

I mean, imagine that I have the enormous luck that HitBTC send my XRP back because they really see there was no destination tag in the transfers of my XRP to their wallet.

Then I would have my balance back in GateHub wallet but I can not send it to a Toast wallet or similar from GateHub because I rekeyed it and in GateHub appears the old secret key, and don't let me send XRP to any wallet.

Is there any place where I can import the wallet and make a transaction using the new Regular Key?

Thanks a lot.

10 minutes ago, Bitrookie007 said:

4. Define the exact amount of your loss in your local currency. (at the exact time the xrp were stolen).

This is also important because in some countries (I can only speak on behalf of the US) you can write off those thefts as losses on your taxes. It certainly wouldn't make you whole again, but getting a slight tax break (likely over multiple years depending on the quantity lost) is better than absolutely nothing.

13 minutes ago, Bitrookie007 said:

I hope my English is good enough for everyone to understand what I mean. I apologize in advance for any mistakes or words used in a wrong context since my mother tongue is Dutch.

Everything was actually very clear throughout the entire list. I wouldn't have guessed English wasn't your first language. So, very good =).

8 minutes ago, raulnavarro said:

Is there any place where I can import the wallet and make a transaction using the new Regular Key?

Refer to Warbler’s post towards end of page 36 - you can use his Bithomp Tools to do exactly that. Online at: https://bithomp.github.io/bithomp-tools/

but even better if you can download this (link to download is on page above too), put on USB stick and perform required signing actions on an offline computer.  You can then submit the signed transaction by taking the signed transaction it gives you to an online computer and submitting it to Bithomp.com as well (select the submit transaction option)