yxxyun

a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Just now, Silkjaer said:

We have established a private club where we would like to facilitate an attempt to coordinate efforts in relation to the the heist. The club is intended for users that either: are victims to the crime or can contribute with specialized knowledge (analytics, law, LEA).

Please identify upon requesting access.

Hi I saw the message can't show content because no permission I would like to join I'm one of the victim

1 hour ago, jlripple said:

George frost one of the gatehub shareholder is also a lawyer 

possibly has changed

Law Offices of George Frost

2930 Magnolia Street Berkeley, CA 94705

510-647-8863 (415) 606-9804 (cell)

geofrost@comcast.net

2 hours ago, jlripple said:

7 minutes ago, alloyxrp said:

Sent. Users who have not interacted with @Silkjaer or @alloyxrp on DM earlier, are requested to send DMs please. This is only in order to protect victims.

I am also one of the victims. For some mysterious reasons I can’t send a message. A slack (or WhatsApp) group would probably be a better solution. 

Please send me the invite somehow. 

Just now, Geekluca said:

I am also one of the victims. For some mysterious reasons I can’t send a message. A slack (or WhatsApp) group would probably be a better solution. 

Please send me the invite somehow. 

Sending you an invite.
To everyone If we don't send an invite immediately, please don't panic. We're just running a bit crazy right now

3 minutes ago, alloyxrp said:

Sending you an invite.
To everyone If we don't send an invite immediately, please don't panic. We're just running a bit crazy right now

A WhatsApp group is a good idea 

1 minute ago, jlripple said:

A WhatsApp group is a good idea 

It will become very difficult for us to manage, and also there is no requirement for victims to know each others mobile numbers. Also, the analyses and data which we will present is not amenable to Whatsapp.

Edited by alloyxrp

17 minutes ago, jlripple said:

Actually to me the facts are obvious. We know from ripple ledger where the funds were sent to binance huobi exmo can't gatehub work with them to reveal the thief identity based on the submitted KYC and aml? 

Of course they can, and if they do their job those exchanges have already been contacted by Gatehub. But I suggest you contact them as well, first of all to make them aware of the situation, second to check if they can take immediate action without police order or court instruction.

You could start with CZ, he is very responsive and helpful. 

55 minutes ago, cjeremys2 said:

I don’t think Ripple will be getting themselves involved with this unfortunately as its Gatehub issue. It is a wishful thinking but definitely not happening.

On first blush, agreed. Nor would I imagine Chris tipping anything into this.

Reading through what I think is the critical document  https://ripple.com/files/rt_migration_faq.pdf the obvious question comes up regarding the migration of data. There are plenty of disclaimers and warnings about the various third party solutions but at the same time, there was an obvious promoting of Gatehub, including this:

Ripple has worked with GateHub, a wallet provider, to provide a quality wallet and trading experience on Ripple.

The migration process looks pretty sound - there doesn't appear to be any migration tool to reverse engineer, must log into both accounts, time-bombed email authorisations, data transferred on encrypted link. All very baffling...