a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

yxxyun

1 minute ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Verge? 

Okay, I won't make a p0rnhub joke... but in reality there is something you should do.....

Oh hell, spend your XVG!

Someone lost his XRP, says hes on the verge of doing something stupid and you make a joke of it.

I used to like you're weird responses, but this is just sad. You're nick suits you, good luck to your shrink or parole officer...

14 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Someone lost his XRP, says hes on the verge of doing something stupid and you make a joke of it.

I used to like you're weird responses, but this is just sad. You're nick suits you, good luck to your shrink or parole officer...

welcome to the internet

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
wait a minute... how'd you know about Peter and Rhonda?

5 minutes ago, faz said:

all is not lost yet mate keep your chin up , gatehub and or ripple need to make a public statement and give assurences to people now , this is getting out of hand , come on gatehub we know your reading this thread , act now .

I mean are there many who are affected to make them act on it? 

11 minutes ago, jlripple said:

I'm on the verge. Damn wtf is this I had my secret keys I activated the 2fa and wallet emptied just like that? I can see where my xrp went but I can't do anything!!! 

Hey @jlripple

If you are truly feeling that way and the loss you suffered is legitimate, I am confident when I say you will be fine.... so don't do anything daft and wait it out..... I apologize if I was insensitive...

@Caracappa  is that better?

1 minute ago, jlripple said:

Yes and it's ripple wallet. nobody has the secret key but us. gatehub told us it's encrypted.

So Gatehub does have it, just encrypted with your password. If you sign a transaction in Gatehub, you secret key is used, so it needs to be in memory soemwhere. But as I understand people who made no transactions are hacked, it is probably a flaw in the encryption or a brute force with passwords...In any way, they would need access to the database with encrypted secrets, as no accounts were logged in as far as i know..

Having read through this sad thread....two possibilities come to my mind:-

Possibility 1: incompetence on the part of gatehub.net

• only incompetence would make it possible that someone COULD somehow access 2FA private keys to bypass 2FA; that would mean the keys were not encrypted, or encrypted weakly and easy to crack, or that gatehub.com could allow an insider to access accounts through interal admin systems

Possibility 2: inside job and gatehub.net are hiding it

• less likely for me, but possible - an exit scam

I don't see any other possibilities (but open to suggestions).  phishing? How do you phish a 2FA secret key? That's not something you would phish without SOMEONE noticing. 

Either way, how on earth are the people who got robbed responisble in any way for this? They claim it's cold storage - so ...

how did the "hacker" get past 2FA?

Not by logging in the conventional way, that's for sure.

Therefore, I would suggest the victims of this crime get together and pool together money for legal advice against gatehub (IMO). 

Edited by 2ndtimearound
gatehub.com corrected to gatehub.net