a few user reported their gatehub wallet been hacked and XRP sent to r9do2Ar8k64NxgLD6oJoywaxQhUS57Ck8k

Just now, Selective said:

Yes file a police report regarding what? It's not our job since It's Internal problem they should do all the work / compensate and Investigate and file a police report In behalf of us!

The losses I believe exceeded 5 million dollars which can be a Class A lawsuit. 

Is there anyway all of the affected people combine a law suit In case we're not compensated by the company? If yes how.

come on man.... if you had funds taken from you... you file a police report... 

what would you do if you had your car stolen, your house broken into or had been assaulted on the street?

I guess whatever answer you provide there is your personal preference... but me, personally.... I report it to the proper authorities.... 

seems I hit a soft spot here.... not sure what else to suggest.... sorry.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On June 1 we were made aware of a theft of 201,000 XRP (transaction F6E9E1385E11649A6C2F88723A821AF209B54030886539DCEF9DDD00E6446948) and immediately started investigation. It turned out that the acco

Hey all! We are aware of the matter and are looking into it. If anyone has any information please contact us at: security@gatehub.net   GateHub

Reminder: There is no direct evidence pointing to Gatehub being responsible even though it may appear as the most likely scenario right now. Just be careful about jumping to conclusions What you c

Posted Images

Just now, EcneitapLatnem said:

what would you do if you had your car stolen, your house broken into or had been assaulted on the street?

I guess whatever answer you provide there is your personal preference... but me, personally.... I report it to the proper authorities.... 

think you have made your point on this lol , people are only just finding out they have been robbed , give them some time to sort things out , thanks for the good intentions .

1 minute ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

@EcneitapLatnem not everyone are from US or Europe though.  In some countries, you get a fine for wasting their time with the lost "internet money".  I know I wouldn't if I was still in my home country since the polices are the criminals.  But I get your point though... I think maybe a lot of people are still in the state of shocked and confusion.   

Just now, Personology said:

@EcneitapLatnem not everyone are from US or Europe though.  In some countries, you get a fine for wasting their time with the lost "internet money".  I know I wouldn't if I was still in my home country since the polices are the criminals.  But I get your point though... I think maybe a lot of people are still in the state of shocked and confusion.   

Well, include that in  you "insert police report here" field.... my main point is to actively respond to the email that gatehub has sent out... they gave a questionairre of sorts and it is foolish in my mind to not proactively respond to that and give all information they request.... understand?

10 minutes ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

You seem to have a lot of trust in the police.

The only thing filing it is good for is when it ever comes to a lawsuit to show you did all you could (so yes, do it!). Further than that it's just a 'keep the customer busy' while investigating thing from GH.

And the police will not actively pursue hackers because its both international and its crypto/IT. Both things they know little about. Trust me, I used to be a police officer in the Netherlands not so long ago. It will be filed and put in the archive.

Just now, Caracappa said:

You seem to have a lot of trust in the police.

The only thing filing it is good for is when it ever comes to a lawsuit to show you did all you could (so yes, do it!). Further than that it's just a 'keep the customer busy' while investigating thing from GH.

And the police will not actively pursue hackers because its both international and its crypto/IT. Both things they know little about. Trust me, I used to be a police officer in the Netherlands not so long ago. It will be filed and put in the archive.

Has nothing to do with trust, religion, politics or race....

if one had funds taken from them.... and the place the funds were taken from suggest to file a report...... I do that.....

what I don't do..... everything I have seen here in the last several pages.... hold on.... gotta bold this.....so weird!

1 minute ago, jlripple said:

I'm on the verge. Damn wtf is this I had my secret keys I activated the 2fa and wallet emptied just like that? I can see where my xrp went but I can't do anything!!! 

all is not lost yet mate keep your chin up , gatehub and or ripple need to make a public statement and give assurences to people now , this is getting out of hand , come on gatehub we know your reading this thread , act now .

Just now, faz said:

all is not lost yet mate keep your chin up , gatehub and or ripple need to make a public statement and give assurences to people now , this is getting out of hand , come on gatehub we know your reading this thread , act now .

they are indeed reading it... and to all that reported theft, they might want to be certain a police report is filed before they can even consider taking you seriously....

all my opinion ofcourse... but sure makes sense inside my head!

2 hours ago, JohnS0N said:

Can someone please suggest the safest step to secure the XRP? Should I move them from GH to an exchange for the moment until the ledger arrives? What is the best thing to do at the moment?

If I was you, I would generate a new XRP address and activate it, then send your XRP from Gatehub to the new address

https://bithomp.com/create/

https://bithomp.com/activation/