BarryPotter

Life after xrp

12 hours ago, MemberBerry said:

So XRP failed, we didnt de-risk our assets. The sec called it a security and everyone was forced by law and regulators to sell because it was illegal. 

Cope how? 

Back to turning tricks i guess🤔

Perform a halo jump..travel a bit more in asia

Buy a 50acre hobby farm with a spring fed pond ,rebuild a convertible 64 galaxie drive across canada, and the states. then raise some pigs, goats ,chicken,ducks and a beef cow.

14 minutes ago, Shuz said:

Perform a halo jump..travel a bit more in asia

Buy a 50acre hobby farm with a spring fed pond ,rebuild a convertible 64 galaxie drive across canada, and the states. then raise some pigs, goats ,chicken,ducks and a beef cow.

Hell yeah.

But I only recently gave up pig farming. Talk to me before you go there.

I have been thinking about this exact thing and recently an email from 'The Barefoot Investor' (Scott Pape, in Australia) caught my attention:

Scott,

My husband (30) and I (24) have inherited an eye-watering $6.5 million! We have paid off our mortgage, bought an investment property and cleared our debts, yet we have no idea what to do with the rest of it. (We have locked it up in our high-interest account while we decide what next.) Now that we have the financial freedom to enjoy our weekly wages freely, we want to be wise with our next move. What do you suggest?

Tim and Sarah

Scott's Answer

Hi guys,

You have reached your ‘enough’ figure at a time when most couples are still trying to scrape up a house deposit.

That’s the first bit of advice: understand that you have ‘enough’. More money won’t make you any happier from this point on. In fact, as you’ve probably worked out, having lots of zeroes in your bank account is actually bloody stressful, right?

Well, here’s how I’d think about it if I were in your shoes.

Let’s say you have $5 million, which you decide to invest in a low-cost index fund (via a family trust for asset protection).

I want you to think of that investment the same way I think about my family farm (stay with me here!). Twice a year your ‘farm’ will deliver you a golden harvest, in the form of dividends, and it will grow each and every year.

In my case, the land value of my farm goes up, down and sideways (just like share prices), but I don’t care, because I’ll never ever sell my family farm. Besides, it’s the harvest that puts food on the table.

In your case, your ‘farm’ should deliver you around $275,000 pre-tax a year.

Yes, there will be the occasional ‘drought’, and lean times — but as long as you own the farm, you collect the harvest.

And that’s the lesson: you plant once, and then you can harvest forever.

And that is why you have more than enough.

Scott

I am thinking along these lines. I already own my modest home and have a fairly free lifestyle, however my husband works hard and is time poor. I'd love to change that for him.

PS. I really love reading about everyone's different situations on here. I am truly happy for those that are already doing so well financially, such as @dr_ed And for those who are just starting out, you truly can achieve your dreams - be clear about what they are and lazer focused on your outcomes and you will succeed.

18 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Hopium is a helluva drug. 

Hopelessness is despair. Without hope, there is nothing.  It also does not have to be always about money either.

16 hours ago, BarryPotter said:

So, we have hit our price point and now we all have 5 million after paying our taxes.

where are we investing that money to ensure we never need to work again?

what do you intend to do with your new found wealth? 

for me, it would be a few houses to bring in the same salary I’m on now. (1mil)

A new house at 1 million so I know I always have a mil locked up.

Invest 2million at 3% for my yearly holidays, trips and living a higher standard  lifestyle.

Then tie up the final million at a higher rate interest for longer period of time.

I would then try get my golf handicap down to scratch.

Nothing overly extravagant really, just a nice lifestyle with good food, good drink,  good holidays and lots of golf.

For me , there is no life after XRP.  The obvious investment,  I'm in it . Yes traditional bricks and mortar were and are great but I truly believe we haven't even scratched the surface of this crypto space.  I don't want to be pizza guy and sell off everything, you know hindsight,  if only. So that being said 5 million dollars , 3 million to stay in crypto,  who knows what sort of investment opportunities will arise ,5% to 10 % returns could be possible  , a humble home , retromods,  and most of all , my family needs are taken care of. 

Damn too many rich people here. I feel inadequate -_-

if I made 5 million after tax, i’d buy a few houses to keep generating semi-reliable income. Invest in some other assets as well. Move some assets offshore. Uncle Sam can seize your assets for any arbitrary reason.

but then I am sure my wife will “donate” most of these to her family and to other random “projects” by then. Marriage is a *****.

Posted (edited)

Based on the two prices, I now have more invested into csc than xrp now. From a pure ROI it's an obvious better scenario.

Xrp going from $0.50-$100+ is going to take a lot more work than csc going from $0.001-$1.00+ 😎

I will buy investment property , both residential and commercial.

Setup a financial advisor company, probably as a nonprofit.

Edited by DividendGamer

5M ? By the way, I wont make that much, but, .$5M thats 100k a year for 50 years, and ignoring any interest,. 

I wont last that long. So I would just spend it at 150k per year, while what I haven't spent is gaining interest at say 4% compound, I would still die before I spent it all.

9 hours ago, BarryPotter said:

Hope that’s not a silent e 😂😂😂

Probably, shouldn’t have that little c in there.🤪