Anton

Why XRP will NOT succeed

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jargoman said:

20 XRP @ $10,000 per xrp = $200,000

one day we may wish we'd payed the measly $8

We should all expect the reserve to be lowered when it is in the best interest of the network. And that will be determined by the validators.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, yxxyun said:

When @ Anton submit his proposal, everyone in this community is laugh him, defend for ripple’s decision, I didn't see any democracy

I see what you are saying, thank you.... I myself may have been guilty of the laughter but in my defense, I thought @ Anton might have been practicing as a stand up comedian... 

now that I realize he was expected by some to be taken seriously, I feel it is necessary to head over to walmart and attempt to understand these people...

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
disclaimer: I shop at Walmart!

3 hours ago, TheHoff said:

Hey guys, maybe you missed it, but he is not here anymore. Just sayin.

Was fun while it lasted. Btw I blocked him.

Good point! Any idea where he went?  I would like to find him and let him know that I refuse to post any more posts if he shows back up!

20 hours ago, Moonraker said:

This phrase has been bashed around for years now on this forum.

The irony is banks are still not using XRP :)

But let's hope this changes very soon

I'm starting to think banks may not even be relevant in the future. The old guard is being pushed aside.  When brokerages waited too long to start offering crypto, crypto exchanges started offering stocks and etf's. Why would a millennial then even sign up for a traditional brokerage account if they can get their crypto, their ETF's, and their stocks via someone like Abra?

and now, crypto is bringing banking instead of waiting on banks to bring crypto.

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

I'm starting to think banks may not even be relevant in the future. The old guard is being pushed aside.  When brokerages waited too long to start offering crypto, crypto exchanges started offering stocks and etf's. Why would a millennial then even sign up for a traditional brokerage account if they can get their crypto, their ETF's, and their stocks via someone like Abra?

and now, crypto is bringing banking instead of waiting on banks to bring crypto.

It's actually scary, because the banking cartel is the most powerful political lobby on earth, and they will NOT go down without a fight. 

Part of all this behind-the-scenes stuff has to do with how they cope, what their strategy is, and how they intend to co-op all this before it gets out of hand. I pretty much guarantee you that's in the conversations Ripple is having with bankers. Or what the bankers talk about after the Fintech guys leave the room.

Crypto banking WILL take over unless the banks can somehow adapt...or kill cryptos off out of self-preservation. I worry about the latter, and have been worrying about it from just about day one of my entry into this space. I expect the regulatory delays are also due to this issue, to some degree at least.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:54 AM, Julian_Williams said:

I do wonder if the banks might want the ownership of XRP wallet to be a bit exclusive as the utility goes up?  Do they really want every Tom **** and Harry to own a wallet when the true use of XRP was supposed be as a bridge currency rather than as a long term investment opportunity? 

That is a great question, and is how this thread should've started.  Based on the current use case position, I would be inclined to think that FIs would eventually like XRP to be just between themselves, which makes it a good idea to get an account early.  However, if there is ever a retail use case scenario, then the floodgates open to everyone needing the ability to have a wallet, and the deposit reserve would naturally come down by popular demand.  All it takes is one of the FIs to transact with retail customers using a payment channel that runs on ripple and XRP, and competition will drive the adoption from there.  Either way, I think the intention of XRP in the long term is to find a price and adoption level that works for being a true medium of exchange, and not be a long term investment.  I just don't know what that price level is, and until it gets there XRP could be a great speculative investment.  After it gets there XRP could also be a great alternative to hold when you're worried about local inflation rates.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, Rabbit_Kick_Club said:

I think it is perfectly acceptable, as the wallet reserve is explicitly designed to prevent spam. Creating wallets is particularly onerous for full history nodes, and it is expensive to run a full history node.

If you don't like it, you are welcome to spin up a validator, gain trust and reputation, and vote to lower the fee. It is a democratic network, after all :P

again for the full node topic, account is not the key problem for this,there are tons offercreate/cancel txs everyday, you want your full node clean? you should shut down the XRP ledger to prevent any transaction on the ledger.  If you want to see a real spam ,check this account: rfe8yiZUymRPx35BEwGjhfkaLmgNsTytxT 

ps: one possible solution for the full history: ipfs

Edited by yxxyun

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

If you want to see a real spam ,check this accout

Kettle: Hi, I'm Kettle. What's your name?

Pot: Hi, Kettle. My name is Pot.

Kettle: Nice to meet you, Pot.

Pot: Nice to meet you too, Kettle.

4 hours ago, yxxyun said:

ps: one possible solution for the full history: ipfs

Are you sure that’s practical/possible? Are you offering to write a patch to enable this?