Anton

Why XRP will NOT succeed

14 minutes ago, musclehog said:

@Anton REKT. do you have a rebuttal to this?

Are you suggesting our Anton is not telling the truth? I mean, after all, its is Anton who showed us so many things we didn't know...

do you guys think should lower the reserve ? considering the 20 reserve was set when the price is 0.004, and now the price is 0.4,  so I think lower the reserve is a valid request 

17 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

do you guys think should lower the reserve ? considering the 20 reserve was set when the price is 0.004, and now the price is 0.4,  so I think lower the reserve is a valid request 

No it shouldn’t be lowered.  The account object weighs too much to have billions of them.  

There was discussion of raising it a while ago.  I think that died down when the deletion option started to be considered.  

There is no need to lower it at this stage or even at ten times the price.  Later on it may need to be lowered but not in the foreseeable future.  

Besides...  all those greedy validators want to keep sucking up all the noobs XRP s.   :)    [/sarcasm]

#isAntonanidiotoratroll?

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

No it shouldn’t be lowered.  The account object weighs too much to have billions of them.  

There was discussion of raising it a while ago.  I think that died down when the deletion option started to be considered.  

There is no need to lower it at this stage or even at ten times the price.  Later on it may need to be lowered but not in the foreseeable future.  

Besides...  all those greedy validators want to keep sucking up all the noobs XRP s.   :)    [/sarcasm]

#isAntonanidiotoratroll?

the "deleteaccount " is under test, and will be enabled this year or next year,   by then the account object will not be a problem 

43 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

I'm actually thinking the reserve should be raised to 43..... I will start a new thread asking what everyone thinks....

16 hours ago, Anton said:

Please answer instead of being a troll. 
When someone tells the truth.. the XRP army will attack him, why? 

Just answer.. or move along

It's not about him being a troll... actually you're the troll in this situation because you have no idea what you're talking about. The minimum limit has been constantly lowered with the increase in price. And it will happen in the future. It's a measure to prevent spam on the network. Please, stop being stupid.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

No it shouldn’t be lowered.  The account object weighs too much to have bShow Replyillions of them.

Ms. Rabbit and I very much agree. When considering what the account reserve should be, please keep in mind that people who run rippled nodes are essentially donating storage space (9+TB for a full history node) as well as bandwidth (one of our nodes used >1.3TB in bandwidth just yesterday) and memory.

You may have 20 XRP (~$10) in reserve, but that account lives on the ledger for ever, and nodes have to pay to store it indefinitely (at least until an amendment allowing accounts to be deleted passed). Even if the account can be deleted, full history nodes still have to store the account's history.

Further, exchanges like Poloniex needlessly create new accounts for each user, instead of using destination tags. This causes a tremendous amount of needless pollution. The wallet reserve is designed to prevent spam (i.e., people creating more accounts than they need), and, last I checked, Polo is still needlessly spamming the ledger. If anything, this suggests the reserve is too low.

For these reasons, we have no intention to change our vote regarding the reserve at this time.

@Tinyaccount is right, though, us greedy validators love sucking XRP from noobs :hi:

Edited by Rabbit_Kick_Club
I just editited this post like eight times!

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rabbit_Kick_Club said:

The object will still be an issue for full history nodes.

not for most nodes/validators 

data expand is one issue for all the blockchains full node, not only XRP, can't use this for a reason to deny new user's enter.

Edited by yxxyun

19 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

data expand is one issue for all the blockchains full node, not only XRP, can't use this for a reason to deny new user's enter.

On the other hand, I don't think it makes sense to assume that an amendment to delete accounts that may or may not even be coded will exist. There is a balance between making XRP accessible to people and ensuring the ledger size stays manageable.

We also need full history nodes, and they will have to store everything associated with deleted accounts.

17 minutes ago, Rabbit_Kick_Club said:

On the other hand, I don't think it makes sense to assume that an amendment to delete accounts that may or may not even be coded will exist. There is a balance between making XRP accessible to people and ensuring the ledger size stays manageable.

We also need full history nodes, and they will have to store everything associated with deleted accounts.

The other account based blockchain/DLT ‘s reserve:

stellar: 1XLM

EOS: ~0.2EOS

ETH: ~0.0006ETH

apparently XRP now is the most expensive