Why XRP will NOT succeed

1 minute ago, Hero_Member said:

The spam thing is controlled with the transaction fee, not the account reserve. The account reserve is just to prevent that every Anton is creating an account. The fee gets higher if the network gets flooded with transactions.

So how is this the global currency? :) Their is a lot of error with what your saying

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are so clueless.

Hi. Many people like to predict 5 dollar XRP or even 10 dollar XRP. But this people will NEVER tell you the truth.  It cost you 20 XRP to create an account and back in 2015 2016 2017 it costed betwe

Calling other users noobs while actually being a clueless noob yourself is not the best way to start a dialog to improve your knowledge. Here are the two things you need to know: 1. the acco

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dutch_ins said:

it is called the XRPL not the USDL... dollars are irrelevant in my opinion, I don't even ever use dollars, value is relative just like time.

irrelevant yes and no, its still going to cost the consumer in dollar right? 

2 minutes ago, Anton said:

I've heard the same rumors for over a year now... and its getting kinda of old. 

I took this argument for 2 years ago and its still here :/ 

I've been hearing about lower account creation for a while now.. 

I also had an argument with the CEO from Ledger about Xrp and there DROP error. 

I know why we pay 20xrp for an account.. and thats to avoid to spam the network. But back then XRP had 1 cent.. so it use to cost 20 cent for an account 
But now its costing us 8+ dollars 

And the higher XRP goes up in price.. the most the cost for that account. 

We need to fix this before we can pump.. otherwise it looks useless 

again, USD price of an account creation is pretty irrelevant (to me personally) - the amount in XRP counts, not the relative FIAT value.
We don't need to fix this before we can pump. We don't need 200 million new account creations (in my opinion) for the network to 'grow'.
I am not even sure if I would like to vote for a lower reserve, I'd like qualitative growth, not quantative growth.
Be happy that you have the chance to open up your own ledger address, maybe the next generation will be dependant on their bank (omg! no!) with just a deposit tag and no own ledger address.

You can see it like this; you pay 20XRP to be a member of the beautiful XRP ledger. For that small membership fee, you can transact all you want for around 12 drops (so really almost nothing)

Bitcoin has no membership fee, but oh boy if you want to make a transaction, and we're not even talking about processing TIME...

So...do your math and choose...

5 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

The spam thing is controlled with the transaction fee, not the account reserve. The account reserve is just to prevent that every Anton is creating an account. The fee gets higher if the network gets flooded with transactions.

You have two kinds of spam. Useless account creations and useless transactions.

6 minutes ago, Anton said:

So how is this the global currency? :) Their is a lot of error with what your saying

Could you rephrase that? I'm try to follow the thread and I don't see how 20 xrp to prevent spam on the network is related to your global currency question. 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Dutch_ins said:

again, USD price of an account creation is pretty irrelevant (to me personally) - the amount in XRP counts, not the relative FIAT value.
We don't need to fix this before we can pump. We don't need 200 million new account creations (in my opinion) for the network to 'grow'.
I am not even sure if I would like to vote for a lower reserve, I'd like qualitative growth, not quantative growth.
Be happy that you have the chance to open up your own ledger address, maybe the next generation will be dependant on their bank (omg! no!) with just a deposit tag and no own ledger address.

as i said before, its still going to cost the consumer in dollar and thats NOT a good thing. People don't like that once they find out..

200 million user or not.. is not important. Thats up the value itself. But its hard to have some value when we have to pay a lot for the account :/ And its only getting higher the higher xrp goes up i value. 

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

as i said before, its still going to cost the consumer in dollar and thats NOT a good thing. People don't like that once they find out..

200 million user or not.. is not important. Thats up the value itself. But its hard to have some value when we have to pay a lot for the account :/ And its only getting higher the higher xrp goes up i value. 

Why are you so convinced the reserve won't be reduced? What do you know that we all don't? Where has 20 xrp been set as a constant? 

https://developers.ripple.com/amendments.html

Not in the code it hasn't. 

https://developers.ripple.com/fee-voting.html

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Could you rephrase that? I'm try to follow the thread and I don't see how 20 xrp to prevent spam on the network is related to your global currency question. 

bank to bank will be some form of global currency in my opinion. 
About that 20xrp cost for an account. Yea thats something that needs to be fixed right now and not when xrp is 1 dollar. 

That would mean 20 dollars for an account you can't do **** with. 
And i bet you.. you need one for an exchange, one for ledger and one for coinbase if you want to sell it.