Why XRP will NOT succeed

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are so clueless.

Hi. Many people like to predict 5 dollar XRP or even 10 dollar XRP. But this people will NEVER tell you the truth.  It cost you 20 XRP to create an account and back in 2015 2016 2017 it costed betwe

Calling other users noobs while actually being a clueless noob yourself is not the best way to start a dialog to improve your knowledge. Here are the two things you need to know: 1. the acco

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Sweet! I have  a huge beard down below. Not quite as big as digital assets are becoming.... but I think I might need a trim... just between you and me, lol!

i've even heard that, if you trim it *down you know where* 
It even looks bigger.. so i strongly recommend to back it up ;) 

but yea weird is the new normal i guess.

Edited by Anton
24 minutes ago, Anton said:

sharing is caring B)

The Base Reserve is a minimum amount of XRP that is required for every address in the ledger. Currently, this is 20 XRP (20000000 drops).
It might be lowered when the next version of Rippled is released, I heard rumours about lowering but I am by far not sure.
I think it is actually low at this moment (don't shoot me). By the way, I run a validator and maybe I am doing something wrong (it runs just fine and performs perfectly, and it costs me money each day to do this for the ecosystem) but I am not receiving fee's for the created accounts.

The XRP Ledger applies reserve requirements, in XRP, to protect the shared global ledger from growing excessively large as the result of spam or malicious usage. The goal is to constrain the growth of the ledger to match improvements in technology so that a current commodity-level machine can always fit the current ledger in RAM and the full ledger history on disk. The XRP pays for the space in the ledger. 1 XRP would make it too cheap to fill the ledger with junk, allowing you to make other people store and transfer information for no reason.

The Owner Reserve is an increase to the reserve requirement for each object that the address owns in the ledger. Currently, this is 5 XRP (5000000 drops) per item, they are also known as trustlines. This can be refunded when you stop the trustline. However refunding the 20XRP is a different story. If the account is deleted, there's nothing to prevent the account from being re-created. The account must remain in the ledger to hold the information that the transactions have already been applied. there could be a feature added to completely delete an account and return the reserve to another account. The problem with doing this is that if funds are ever sent to the deleted account's address, the account would be re-created. Nothing would reliably prevent someone from replaying the account's previous transactions to consume those funds.

If the ledger grows too fast and too many people have the chance to open accounts, it won't benefit the network and will cause extra costs for the nodes. That is why we have the TAGS. If everything will happen on-chain and with seperate accounts the ledger won't be able to serve the whole world. We need to use payment channels and extra layers eventually. Although I would like to see it lower, I have absolutely no problems with it being 20 XRP. Since you have been around for a while, you'll probably know the goals of Ripple the company. The XRP ledger is open source but it does not mean that every inhabitant of this globe should have an own address on the ledger. It is ment for the payments industry, not for Henk and Ingrid.

Edited by Dutch_ins
PS: I am a bot
6 minutes ago, Anton said:

IF you have nothing to say then please don't spam here. 

There is alot to be said about your demeanor and lack of congruent substance; you're full of it and should not be given a platform. Validators getting paid? They have 0 direct financial incentive to run a validator, your 20 xrp stays there and is not handed over to anyone. The 20xrp minimum is subject to change and has been lowered over time. Though I have to give you credit, you are by far the most antagonizing piece of **** to do this, congratulations. @karlos get rid of him. 

1 minute ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

sausage GIF

I am vegan... Back to what we where talking about.
Why do you think we haven't seen the 20xrp account cost being fixed? 

It use to cost 15-20 cent to avoid the spam on the network... now its costing 8 dollar?  
Why can't we go back to 20 cent per account ?

Just now, Anton said:

It use to cost 15-20 cent to avoid the spam on the network... now its costing 8 dollar?  

good to see you acting as a human... also noticed you "edited" your last post... so freaking cool to be able to tame the bot by warm, feeble, sausage fingers with a pulse... okay, where were we?

The validators? the concensus? too many 20 xrp but 20 btc is so many!

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

it is called the XRPL not the USDL... dollars are irrelevant in my opinion, I don't even ever use dollars, value is relative just like time.

2 minutes ago, Dutch_ins said:

The Base Reserve is a minimum amount of XRP that is required for every address in the ledger. Currently, this is 20 XRP (20000000 drops).
It might be lowered when the next version of Rippled is released, I heard rumours about lowering but I am by far not sure.
I think it is actually low at this moment (don't shoot me). By the way, I run a validator and maybe I am doing something wrong (it runs just fine and performs perfectly, and it costs me money each day to do this for the ecosystem) but I am not receiving fee's for the created accounts.

The XRP Ledger applies reserve requirements, in XRP, to protect the shared global ledger from growing excessively large as the result of spam or malicious usage. The goal is to constrain the growth of the ledger to match improvements in technology so that a current commodity-level machine can always fit the current ledger in RAM and the full ledger history on disk. The XRP pays for the space in the ledger. 1 XRP would make it too cheap to fill the ledger with junk, allowing you to make other people store and transfer information for no reason.

The Owner Reserve is an increase to the reserve requirement for each object that the address owns in the ledger. Currently, this is 5 XRP (5000000 drops) per item, they are also known as trustlines. This can be refunded when you stop the trustline. However refunding the 20XRP is a different story. If the account is deleted, there's nothing to prevent the account from being re-created. The account must remain in the ledger to hold the information that the transactions have already been applied. there could be a feature added to completely delete an account and return the reserve to another account. The problem with doing this is that if funds are ever sent to the deleted account's address, the account would be re-created. Nothing would reliably prevent someone from replaying the account's previous transactions to consume those funds.

If the ledger grows too fast and too many people have the chance to open accounts, it won't benefit the network and will cause extra costs for the nodes. That is why we have the TAGS. If everything will happen on-chain and with seperate accounts the ledger won't be able to serve the whole world. We need to use payment channels and extra layers eventually. Although I would like to see it lower, I have absolutely no problems with it being 20 XRP. Since you have been around for a while, you'll probably know the goals of Ripple the company. The XRP ledger is open source but it does not mean that every inhabitant of this globe should have an own address on the ledger. It is ment for the payments industry, not for Henk and Ingrid.

I've heard the same rumors for over a year now... and its getting kinda of old. 

I took this argument for 2 years ago and its still here :/ 

I've been hearing about lower account creation for a while now.. 

I also had an argument with the CEO from Ledger about Xrp and there DROP error. 

I know why we pay 20xrp for an account.. and thats to avoid to spam the network. But back then XRP had 1 cent.. so it use to cost 20 cent for an account 
But now its costing us 8+ dollars 

And the higher XRP goes up in price.. the most the cost for that account. 

We need to fix this before we can pump.. otherwise it looks useless 

4 minutes ago, Anton said:

The spam thing is controlled with the transaction fee, not the account reserve. The account reserve is just to prevent that every Anton is creating an account. The fee gets higher if the network gets flooded with transactions.

8 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

There is alot to be said about your demeanor and lack of congruent substance; you're full of it and should not be given a platform. Validators getting paid? They have 0 direct financial incentive to run a validator, your 20 xrp stays there and is not handed over to anyone. The 20xrp minimum is subject to change and has been lowered over time. Though I have to give you credit, you are by far the most antagonizing piece of **** to do this, congratulations. @karlos get rid of him. 

congratulations for NOT understand how XRP work. 
The best part is.. once you know it, you will REMOVE you comment.. just like other clowns who THINK they know how XRP work.