Why XRP will NOT succeed

Anton

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

Man I am reading this thread and really surprised at how many people were drawn in to even comment on this lunacy.

Well, if someone takes a **** in the corner you’re gonna wonder why their brain don’t work so good.

6 hours ago, Anton said:

.. its not hard do find out whats going on. 

Validators don't make money. 

The 20 XRP reserve is put in place to prevent lots of spam accounts from being opened.

Validators will vote to lower the reserve over time as the price per XRP goes up. But it would impossible to raise the reserve again, which is why they're waiting.

I don't know if it's been stated yet since I'm only 8 pages in, but I can't continue with how chaotic the statements have gotten.

All I'd like to add is that a "reserve" isn't a strange concept. I mean, even the main credit union I use has a reserve. When opening an account, I must maintain $5 at all times; if I don't maintain $25+, then there's a monthly service charge of $0.50. The catch is, the bank can make money by being able to use what they're forcing me to hold; however, Ripple doesn't. Obviously these numbers can differ per bank, so these are my personal examples.

Also, you can burn into your reserve if you really want to. Just keep trying to send XRP when you you have ≤ 20 XRP left. The burn/transaction fee that happens will still reduce your reserve. If that wasn't my XRP, then you'd have to cede that I can burn away someone else's XRP in these cases. That would be more illogical than the complaint that the reserve hasn't lowered quick enough and that it'll forever be 20XRP.

Edited by Xrylite

6 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Validators don't make money. 

The 20 XRP reserve is put in place to prevent lots of spam accounts from being opened.

Validators will vote to lower the reserve over time as the price per XRP goes up. But it would impossible to raise the reserve again, which is why they're waiting.

He knows all of this, he obviously can read. If he thinks that an initial set up cost of 20 XRP (which is dynamic) destroys the value proposition of xrp (micropayments, smart contracts, cross border payments) then he should first provide some facts. So far he wasnt able to provide any arguments

Anyone notice that this thread came out right after we had a golden cross on the on the xrp chart. I believe he wants people to sell xrp before it comes to fruition. Of course I could be wrong.

But if I can address the “problems”. Here’s my take first amount the 20xrp reserve amount. We know it can be changed. Most likely won’t happen until a much higher price but still. Now think about something for me who exactly is supposed to be using xrp: companies and banks right.

ok now take all that into consideration do banks or companies care about a current 8$ cost for a wallet..the answer is no. Now about the validator situation let me say this, if for some reason validators are being compensated for this..who cares! I see absolutely nobody complaining about bitcoin miners getting compensated. In fact I for one hope that they are being paid. I mean why not miners get paid. 

So yeah that’s my thoughts. But if for some reason the people telling us that they are not getting paid are lying that to me would raise concerns for me and this thread would be justified by such.

3 minutes ago, Kpuff said:

Anyone notice that this thread came out right after we had a golden cross on the on the xrp chart. I believe he wants people to sell xrp before it comes to fruition. Of course I could be wrong.

But if I can address the “problems”. Here’s my take first amount the 20xrp reserve amount. We know it can be changed. Most likely won’t happen until a much higher price but still. Now think about something for me who exactly is supposed to be using xrp: companies and banks right.

ok now take all that into consideration do banks or companies care about a current 8$ cost for a wallet..the answer is no. Now about the validator situation let me say this, if for some reason validators are being compensated for this..who cares! I see absolutely nobody complaining about bitcoin miners getting compensated. In fact I for one hope that they are being paid. I mean why not miners get paid. 

So yeah that’s my thoughts. But if for some reason the people telling us that they are not getting paid are lying that to me would raise concerns for me and this thread would be justified by such.

There is always some random FUD when xrp pumps, and every time the arguments get more ridiculous.