Great stuff as always @Hodor.

Love learning all the new potential use cases for XRP. I likely do have a case of conditional bias as discussed on other threads but when there’s a steady stream from authors such as you of new potential use cases for XRP it’s easy to feed the mind. I agree that Cinnamon could ultimately help make ILP and XRP mainstream. Every little bit helps and, with all the growing pieces of the RippleNet ecosystem, it’s impossible for me to tell which one will be the one that creates the first hard real use case(s) and utility in significant volume to garner attention from those on the sidelines.

Posted (edited)

Great bit of insight. I was curious what happened. Great to hear they're making progress. 

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)

Rule 7. Use single quotation marks for quotations within quotations.

Example: Dan said: "In a town outside Brisbane, I saw 'Tourists go home' written on a wall. But then someone told me, 'Pay it no mind, lad.' "

Note that the period goes inside both the single and double quotation marks. Also note that, as a courtesy, there is visible space between adjacent single and double quotation marks.

Rule 8a. Quotation marks are often used with technical terms, terms used in an unusual way, or other expressions that vary from standard usage.

Examples:
It's an oil-extraction method known as "fracking."
He did some "experimenting" in his college days.
I had a visit from my "friend" the tax man.

Rule 8b. Never use single quotation marks in sentences like the previous three.

Incorrect: I had a visit from my 'friend' the tax man.

The single quotation marks in the above sentence are intended to send a message to the reader that friend is being used in a special way: in this case, sarcastically. Avoid this invalid usage. Single quotation marks are valid only within a quotation, as per Rule 7, above.

Edited by TheXRPer

1 hour ago, GiddyUp said:

Fascinating stuff

Agreed. I read the article, got to the end and then wondered - what's in the 'subscribe to unlock' section - and I signed up to coil to find out. I'm a little disappointed with the contents, but I'm glad to be supporting the coil model. If the Washington Post and New York Times would use coil, then it would send waves across the internet - I wonder if big publishers like them are being chased up by coil.

Regarding cinnamon - the lack of ability to embed video's in other people's pages would be a showstopper - if a coil plugin for browsers had a video player capability then I can see myself installing one, but it's bad if they can't find a solution to embedded video that works in a standard browser. I don't know enough about web standards to see why this wouldn't be possible. I had assumed that coil was going to allow me to visit news websites, watch video, download podcasts and pay automatically based on content size (e.g. podcasts) or time spent reading (news sites, stackoverflow, github) - if you can't do this kind of thing without going to the content provider's site, then isn't it useless?