Posted (edited)

Excellent article as usual Hodor, thanks. I more and more start to appreciate what Ripple is and has been doing. Kava's Switch is also truly amazing, wow. I would think it'll become a big rival to exchanges. What a great time to be alive :D 

Edited by Danny

Posted (edited)

For me the buzzword of the week has been Microstreaming.  It is a word that will be used again and again as we get closer to using IoV and IoT

Reading your blog Just heard "smooth streaming" for the first time reading your blog.  I suppose we will have digi streaming, crypto streaming and istreaming is apple want to enter this micropayment  business.

I think it was during that Coil forum that Stefan gives us a lesson in new thinking about the architecture of blockchain.  How it needs to be light and flexible.  ETH code is too monolithic. 

Mojaloop - this is the big interface between the IoV and the forgotten economies of the world. I have been trying to pull people back to read Moncho's blog (feb 2018) about how important XRP will be to economies like El Salvador - (xrpcommunity.blog/el-salvador-surfing-the-iov/.)

Thank you for another great update

Edited by Julian_Williams

29 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I have been trying to pull people back to read Monch0's blog (feb 2018) about how important XRP will be to economies like El Salvador

I agree with your assessment of Mojaloop's massive potential.  The raw numbers are staggering, if ILP can do the work that everybody is foreseeing.  Billions of people could be connected financially that are completely disconnected today. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I agree with your assessment of Mojaloop's massive potential.  The raw numbers are staggering, if ILP can do the work that everybody is foreseeing.  Billions of people could be connected financially that are completely disconnected today. 

Our daily lives will be enveloped by the all encompassing atmosphere of liquid vaporised money that ripples and sloshes in waves around us.  Money will gain a completely different concept to the one we live now.  It will be more of a tokenisation of our activities and social interaction with the world rather than a reward for work. We will feel it as change of pressure rather than as a unit of exchange, and we will feel a more biological relationship with it as if it had an element of being alive. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Excellent article as usual Hodor, thanks. I more and more start to appreciate what Ripple is and has been doing. Kava's Switch is also truly amazing, wow. I would think it'll become a big rival to exchanges. What a great time to be alive :D 

Exactly, this is pretty neat. I love to see participants of Ripple's xPring initiative grow and develop new and innovative products. With that being said, it seems as if xPring is truly beginning to develop and mature just looking at the newly added job postings:

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 8.28.32 AM.png

5 hours ago, King34Maine said:

just looking at the newly added job postings

Nice!  Yeah, the job postings are now record-length at Ripple. 

Very good sign IMO, especially given Brad Garlinghouse's history of cautious expansion and laser focus. 

5 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

We will feel it as change of pressure rather than as a unit of exchange, and we will feel a more biological relationship with it as if it had an element of being alive. 

That is futuristic, and I can almost see it clearly when you say it like that! 

Your description, combined with how Stefan Thomas described it in his AWS Loft event, paints a very fascinating picture of how life will be like ... perhaps sooner than we realize. 

Fantastic read thanks @Hodor . The foundation that's being built grows wider and deeper. It reminds me of a previous blog you shared showing a smallish tree but with deep roots system.This is what we see now. " Deepest Roots. The greatest reported depth to which a tree's roots have penetrated is 400 feet by a Wild Fig tree at Echo Caves, near Ohrigstad, Mpumalanga, South Africa" 

" So one of the big things holding that back today is a lack of interoperability" . When this issue is solved along with liquidity and the conversation at most dinner tables , gyms , schools , classrooms,  bars ............. we should see a tree like "Sequoiadendron giganteum—is often considered to be the most massive single organism on the planet. General Sherman weighs an estimated 2.7 million pounds, stands 275 feet tall and measures 100 feet around at the ground" 

Can't wait to eat Figs from General Sherman . :drinks:Cheers to you and also all that have served.  OOL BTW 

Thanks @Hodor for this article. I'm ashamed to say that I don't usually read your blogs because I have already seen most of the news on this site and elsewhere, but I click on them and skim through looking for sections that might have stuff I haven't come across already. The recode decode podcast was a nice listen, unfortunately Brad G didn't let slip any nailbiting new information - but I have now subscribed to that podcast and have started listening to more. It's really nice to discover some new source of interesting interviews and discussion on any subject, she picks her interviewees well and it's a great listen (so far at least). Cheers.