Sign in to follow this  
AlvaroXRP

Stefan Thomas is doing a reddit AMA

Posted (edited)

I would be concerned if the market were emotional enough to pump on the mere announcement of an AMA a week from now.

Edited by mrongey

My question for Stefan:

As Coil has stated in the past, the goal of web monetization via ILP is to solve the problem of web monetization without resorting to customer lock-in.

Given that lock-in is one of the main problems being solved by the use of ILP... what led to the decision to build Coil around a $5 monthly lock-in approach? Is this step one in a longer process, or will Coil remain yet-another-content-gate?

6 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

My question for Stefan:

As Coil has stated in the past, the goal of web monetization via ILP is to solve the problem of web monetization without resorting to customer lock-in.

Given that lock-in is one of the main problems being solved by the use of ILP... what led to the decision to build Coil around a $5 monthly lock-in approach? Is this step one in a longer process, or will Coil remain yet-another-content-gate?

Sharafian got asked this question, very directly, in the ILP Summit 2019 videos;  effectively "If all of the web monetization tech is 'open', will Coil have any kind of a 'moat'?"  A:

Honestly, I rather prefer to just contact coil support, wrote them just yesterday about one of my requirements, And lead engineer got back to me just like that. So if your question doesnt get answered dont be shy and hit them up with email  :) 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NightJanitor said:

Sharafian got asked this question, very directly, in the ILP Summit 2019 videos;  effectively "If all of the web monetization tech is 'open', will Coil have any kind of a 'moat'?"  A:

Cool, looks like that was Danny Aranda (Ripple) asking the question! Tbh Sharafian’s response was more about “how does Coil survive if there are competing businesses leveraging the same XRP api’s?”

My question is more around... “How does the ecosystem develop at all with a lock-in subscription and a limited value proposition for the consumer?” I guess I’ll create a reddit account and submit that for the AmA.

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP