Does anyone else find it really strange how Tiffany Hayden, huge Ripple and XRP supporter and GF of Nik Bougalis who is a Ripple employee, hold XRP and runs a Node now supports XLM, holds XLM, now supports Jed McCaleb, and runs a Stellar Node? Not to mention, DS was just sticking up for the Stellar Network going down on Twitter and the fact that Jed stopped selling his XRP. Strange times I must say. 

All her sides look pretty cute to me. Lovely young woman. Unfortunate choice of names. Tiffany is so 1990's. 

Not sure how I feel about her XLM affiliation. I suppose she's entitled to go both ways if she wants to.....

1 hour ago, Dymac said:

DS was just sticking up for the Stellar Network going down 

I don't know about TH, but the comment that DS made about Stellar network going down was the right thing to do IMO.

Does it effect XRP? Will this effect the long term outcome or success of XRP? Does this effect the company Ripple? Does it effect Coil?

I don't think it's weird at all.  What I do think is weird is how - in virtually everything these days - people are expected to pick one, singular side which then supposedly means you have to now have an enemy as well. In my experience, people who are not split like this and who can see two differing sides of a matter tend to be some of the most effective people in various ways and those who get entrenched in certain positions - in a very "us versus them" or "this one way is the only way" sort of way - are the least effective.

XLM is a source code fork of XRP.  They've pursued a different strategy but in many ways they are very, very similar.  McCaleb is purported to be problematic and I tend to think the comments that indicate as such are accurate, but there is no way I can be sure of that or anyone outside of those folks directly involved.  The guy founded Ripple, so lets give him some credit even if he's a problem interpersonally and strategically.

I can tell you one thing: while I do not have massive trepidation - or any trepidation, really, anymore - as to XRP being labeled as a security, if it were to be labeled as such and XLM were to be able to avoid it because the Stellar Foundation is a non-profit, then I would be rather impressed with them, albeit quite upset since I don't hold XLM.  I hold largely XRP.  My bet is on XRP. But that doesn't make me anti-XLM.

So weird, no.  Uncommon, yes.  But I wish it weren't so uncommon.

2 hours ago, Dymac said:

Does anyone else find it really strange how Tiffany Hayden, huge Ripple and XRP supporter and GF of Nik Bougalis who is a Ripple employee, hold XRP and runs a Node now supports XLM, holds XLM, now supports Jed McCaleb, and runs a Stellar Node? Not to mention, DS was just sticking up for the Stellar Network going down on Twitter and the fact that Jed stopped selling his XRP. Strange times I must say. 

Maybe my response is missing the point of your question.  Are you suggesting that maybe there's more friendliness between Ripple and XLM than has been publicly indicated?  I have speculated - with my tinfoil hat on - that it's possible they are much more in collusion than they would have us believe.

I had the same thought; perhaps there has been a behind the scenes truce.  Jed cannot pull XRP down and it does XLM no good either, it is counterproductive.  IBM would probably prefer that Jed does not make enemies with the most powerful cross border payments network in blockchain.  Ripple would probably prefer if Jed were on a shorter lead.  They don't have to love each other.

I’ve been fortunate to meet Tiffany twice at public events. She’s a very sharp lady and knows what she is doing as far as developing her persona within the crypto world. She doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. I think a lot of the hate towards her is that she is easy on the eyes and a lot of people underestimate her.

Posted (edited)

Jed was extremely vindictive and unprofessional after his exit.  He went above and beyond to be a thorn in their side for a long time.  Do not forget that!!

He also exited because his vision of the future of Ripple was different than the rest of the leadership.  His vision failed and he has pivoted, fully adopting Ripple’s vision as his MO.  

I believe he’s probably a good programmer but that’s where it ends.  Outside of that he is scum.

With that said, I don’t know why they would support XLM.  

Edited by Phintech