baobeiiiii

buy now or wait a bit?

3 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

I assure you that you are not the unluckiest person in the world.:focus:

sure about that? Ledger will probably send me the black nano s instead of the transparent one by mistake, too. ;)

8 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

What's this golden cross good news.. not heard about it before.

A golden cross chart is seen in a bull market when the 50 day MA crosses the 200 day MA.

XRP’s ‘Golden Cross’ event

"XRP is now up by over 40 percent in the past 30 days and has achieved its own ‘golden cross’ moment, an event often associated with a bullish trend reversal. The ‘golden cross’, an event which recently helped drive up the price of Bitcoin (BTC), occurs when an asset’s short-term moving average crosses above one of its longer-term moving averages. Usually, when assets begin to make higher gains on a weekly basis following a bear market and long period of consolidation, a ‘golden cross’ event will occur and confirm a trend reversal.

XRP’s 50-day moving average recently crossed over its 200-day moving average, confirming its golden cross event in a move that has already begun to send ripple’s throughout the XRP community. "

https://cryptocoinspy.com/ripple-xrp-price-moving-towards-confirmed-trend-reversal-with-golden-cross-event/

I wouldn't get too carried away.

3 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

sure about that? Ledger will probably send me the black nano s instead of the transparent one by mistake, too. ;)

Good to see little FOMO around here.

Fwiw, there are a slew of people around here with a basis in XRP that is higher than where we are now. You'll be in good company. And if it corrects to .35. after you buy it at .50 you can commiserate with everybody else and fit right in. 

20 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

I guarantee it.

18 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

A golden cross chart is seen in a bull market when the 50 day MA crosses the 200 day MA.

I wouldn't get too carried away.

I agree. It's not worth betting the farm on it. Then again, the 50-Day EMA has not moved above the 200-Day EMA in over a year. I'll take a win, wherever we can get them.

Closing In.png

XRP chart patterns are not that relevant until XRP decouples. One possible outcome here is that XRP breaks out shortly before the whales pull the rug out from under BTC. If that happens look out below.

It is good to see anything independent showing up on the XRP chart, but this has a high probability of being a fake-out.

Just a guess though. We'll see.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jtusa said:

Man, anyone can cherry-pick data. He's not wrong. In long term investing (not like 1 year long, multiple years long), lump sum investing outperforms DCA a MAJORITY of the time.

I think people take DCA to mean "buy for as long as you hold the investment".   It's not even possible to DCA buy "forever" as you're likely to hit your stack total at some point and stop buying. When you stop buying, you hold for the long term just as you would if you bought in one go. 

Have a look here - an article which is actually a proponent of lump sum buying over DCA :-

https://www.firepathlion.com/dca-vs-lump-sum-investing-sti-etf/

The conclusion of this report was that a short-term DCA strategy over 3 months beats buying in one lump sum.  Actually, the report is kind of silly in that it really doesn't assume anyone would do their research, but simply get handed a bonus, then immediately throw it into investments, regardless of whether those investments are distressed or have been pumping up in price previously.  Now I could be accused of trying to time the market by that statement, but it's just common sense to check the history of an asset's price, and check its current price relative to that price history and decide whether you're buying in window of time when the asset is way overbought or not.  Put it this way, I'd rather not start buying an asset when it's been subject to a parabolic shift in price upwards over recent weeks (ask anyone who bought XRP at $2+ how they feel about XRP's price in the last 17 months - unless they DCA'd their price down of course).  Such price action is almost ALWAYS subject to a severe reversal.  Sure, you could be an automaton and not care because "I'm in it for the long haul", but buying at the top or near the top of a parabolic shift in price means you might be waiting years longer for the same profit margin than simply doing nothing.  I would more likely buy a distressed asset so long as it has solid fundamentals.  We can't time the market in a granular sense (like literally find the bottom to buy or top to sell), but choosing a basic multi-month window of time to DCA buy is sensible.  That has worked well for me so far.

I would suggest something like 2 or 3 months stacking IF (big IF) a price is distressed and/or the price is not subject to a parabolic rise recently, and the fundamentals of an asset look good.   I consider that as part of research, and not simply jumping into a market in one go, especially the crypto market.

I accept there are a few people here who will strongly disagree with me here, and that's OK - surely we can all agree that there is more than one strategy available to investors, and we must choose one we are comfortable using.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

General adoption is way more important than the actuall price. If Ripple can make more partners, increased use and make XRP the future standard. The price will rise. Not due to golden crosses or any predictions made by looking at Charts. But for day trading, I see the point using Charts.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, baobeiiiii said:

does it matter at all if I trade in USD or euro?

Do USD.  With Brexit around the corner, you may be into Madcow Part 2. 

Edited by Spekul8

On 5/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, baobeiiiii said:

Yeh, how would you cope with that. It would be surely confirmation that you are the unluckiest person alive 😜

On when you should buy... NO ONE knows. DS sold a big stack a few weeks ago when we were back at $0.32 or so. Half of twitter calling for BTC back to $1000 and XRP to $0.10. Truth is no one knows. You might buy today and feel a genious once it goes up 80%. Or you might buy and it drops 80%.

'Welcome to crypto' as they say.

Not to make it feel even harder to decide  but the people saying 'what does 10c difference make right now if we are going to $XX' - Thats just the most unmathematical thought process ever! Of course it matters! Spending $10k on XRP when it is $0.32 provides a significantly better return than buying at $0.42 if it ever reached $10/xrp (roughly $75k difference)